App Review Bitdefender GravityZone Endpont Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
GravityZone is the enterprise version of Romanian security leader Bitdefender.
The editor offers an agent with a management console.
I like the fact that Bitdefender lets you adjust the aggressiveness of its modules, but this will be at the expense of false positives, so I didn't do it.
I also didn't understand why Web protection was disabled by default! I had to search the Dashbord to reactivate it.
The console is quite simplistic, but it's not always easy to find your way around...

Interface: 8/10

The interface is reminiscent of the "Essentials" versions of Bitdefender and the older version of Bitdefender Free. There are no settings available in the interface.
Everything is managed by the administration console, which claims to be complete, but is poorly located... I had to search for long minutes to obtain the configuration.
I also didn't like the fact that Bitdefender disabled Web protection by default...
It also took me a few minutes to get Bitdefender to load the behavioral and firewall modules.
Finally, Bitdefender GravityZone is very resource-hungry. I oscillated between 800Mb and peaked at 1Gb of RAM!

Protection:15/15 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Remains 47 threats on 308 malware / PC clean

The protection it provides lives up to its reputation, and Bitdefender proves that it's very powerful indeed!
Its proactive defense has blocked the various attacks and regularly uses its Machine Learning, so you can see "ML" detections in the Bitdefender interface.

However, I must also point out that Bitdefender has fallen sharply in SDK detection. Although ATC, Cloud and ML are catching up at launch, I would have liked Bitdefender to continue its efforts in pure detection. But this is not the case.
The PC is clean of all infections.

Result :
NPE : 0
KVRT : 0
Emsisoft : 0

Recommand : Yes
System Clean : System clean

@likeastar20 request, thanks also for the trial period :)

Last edited:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Now that I looked at the portal on the video, it doesn’t look that chaotic. But it’s too many settings and everything everywhere. Some of these settings are unnecessary. Bitdefender GravityZone is one of these Endpoints that wants to put too much control in the admin hands so any issues will be their fault. Not like Palo Alto, CrowdStrike or Check Point that put a lot of effort to deliver accurate protection and prevention.

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
Typo. You mean 800 MB 😁
Don't worry, @Shadowra you're not alone, SeriousHoax also caught one on my faux pas. He's been on his game these last couple of days, so we better use the carpenter rule" measure twice, cut once". For us, "review text twice, post once" :) :)

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
@Shadowra Wow, great video as always, beautiful music, handpicked, very good indeed. Bitdefender GravityZone seems like a solid product, it blocked everything and also neutralized all the threats, starting with the 15 Urls in the beginning of the video that were all blocked. At the end of the testing and the most important thing I could notice that, the machine stayed clean, however the bad thing about your video is when it is getting good, the video ends at 4:57:LOL: Btw Thanks a lot! 🏆

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
mini-test fwiw, running harmony, using Edge I input one of the malicious URL @Shadowra tested with BD-GZ to see response here, not intended as a test as nothing was disabled on win10_VM. First, uBo blocked the website, I hit proceed, then it was blocked by MS SmartScreen. Nice to see the layers working before bad URL even got to harmony protection... I went BD website to see availability and costs. Did not see that info. I only got as far as "start free trial" and I stopped, as I was just curious, ie, did not want to install BD-GZ.

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
LOL. To enable all modules, you have to replace the default policy with yours, tick on all the modules and set as it the default.

About the only thing missing from Bitdefender GravityZone is patch management but that's a subscription add on.

I set the firewall policy to allow Internet-facing apps to run without clearance, particularly installer stubs that require being online to install software.

The desktop console shows what's happening in the background and the modules running on the endpoint but its not where you go to tweak stuff.

I've not encountered slowdowns or issues being protected by the Romanian cybergiant's top tier XDR business product.

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
Is it possible to find things like discount coupons for bitdefender gravity zone endpoint security, which is the basic application version? As a home user, I really like this business version.

Reactions: simmerskool

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
mini-test fwiw, running harmony, using Edge I input one of the malicious URL @Shadowra tested with BD-GZ to see response here, not intended as a test as nothing was disabled on win10_VM. First, uBo blocked the website, I hit proceed, then it was blocked by MS SmartScreen. Nice to see the layers working before bad URL even got to harmony protection... I went BD website to see availability and costs. Did not see that info. I only got as far as "start free trial" and I stopped, as I was just curious, ie, did not want to install BD-GZ.

I bought mine from the Australian reseller Tech Geeks. Total cost of the upper tier XDR was $8.00 USD a month including the add on Patch Management module. They signed me up as my company since I'm administering a single endpoint!

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Is it possible to find things like discount coupons for bitdefender gravity zone endpoint security, which is the basic application version? As a home user, I really like this business version.

You have obtain it from a reseller and its affordable, depending on the number of endpoints you want to protect.

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
I bought mine from the Australian reseller Tech Geeks. Total cost of the upper tier XDR was $8.00 USD a month including the add on Patch Management module. They signed me up as my company since I'm administering a single endpoint!
I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. Do they send you a code for monthly subscriptions? Can't I make a transaction because I'm in a different region in a different principle?

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I'm sorry, I forgot to ask. Do they send you a code for monthly subscriptions? Can't I make a transaction because I'm in a different region in a different principle?

No. You choose the level you want to subscribe to. If you're outside Australia, get a virtual Australian address to get your BD GravityZone account registered. Tech Geeks will bill your bank in your home country listed in the drop down menu upon check out.

lyldz

Level 2
Verified
Jun 4, 2016
Interesting.every time I talk to them on chat they ask me if I live here.
I couldn't understand it.when I said no they always directed me to local sellers.

I didn't understand the last part.I will create an account.registered to an australia address and then I will make a purchase and give my registered e-mail address?

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
Interesting.every time I talk to them on chat they ask me if I live here.
I couldn't understand it.when I said no they always directed me to local sellers.

I didn't understand the last part.I will create an account.registered to an australia address and then I will make a purchase and give my registered e-mail address?

Sign up with SOS Solutions to get a physical Australian address and phone no. Supply that to the reseller upon purchase from your home country so they can set up your BD GravityZone account for you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.