[Blog] 8 examples of bad security advice that you can safely ignore

brambedkar59

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
There’s a lot of security advice floating around the web. A lot. While much of it is solid and will help you improve your security posture, you’ll occasionally encounter advice that is not so good. For example, it’s not uncommon to see articles presenting outdated recommendations or theoretical security risks that have been blown out of proportion. And, in some instances, the information is just plain wrong.

Here are eight examples of bad security advice that you can safely ignore.

Read more here. It's a good read, I was surprised by a few myself.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
"8 examples of bad security advice you can safely ignore" I completely agree. 1 and a half year ago I used to change my passwords regularly, after I read an article on the web that this technique is outdated I stopped, except if there is data leakage. After that I enabled 2FA for everything, now I am relaxed. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.