Question Can anyone with a virtual machine try this?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
I've got to help my sister (through TeamViewer) extend the C system partition with the empty D partition. The (Windows) Recovery partition is in between the C and D partitions, so Disk Management doesn't allow to extend the C partition. I tried on my Windows 11 system with Aomei Partition Assistant Pro to move the recovery partition to the end and the D partition next to the C partition. Aomei deleted the recovery partition; I'm sure I didn't do it correctly.

The recovery partition is not on my system now. To test again, I used the NUIBI free portable edition: Download NIUBI Partition Editor Product Editions | Download Center. I added a few files to the D partition. With NUIBI, I resized the D partition and created another partition, E. The partition layout was the same as in the above scenario, with the D partition (not empty) in between the C and E partitions. I successfully moved the D partition and extended the C partition with the E partition. The files in the D (moved) partition were intact.

Can anyone with a virtual machine (Windows 11/10) test moving the recovery partition and extending the C partition with NUIBI? I would appreciate it!

Last edited:

rashmi

Level 5
Thread author
Jan 15, 2024
I recreated the deleted recovery partition with the help of two YouTube videos. Disk Management shows the recovery partition. The only thing is that the recovery partition shows up in "This PC". And I successfully moved the recovery partition and extended the C partition. The recovery partition was intact; the command reagentc /info showed proper details.

The following two videos I used to get and create the recovery partition.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.