Not open for further replies.

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
is comodo firewall aka CF compatible with Bitdefender Free?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Yes, Comodo Firewall and Bitdefender Free are compatible with each other. Comodo Firewall is designed to work with other antivirus software, including Bitdefender. However, it is recommended to configure Comodo Firewall to exclude Bitdefender's files and processes to ensure smooth operation.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

@simmerskool

I added Avast ransomware protection and firewall to Bit Defender free on my wife's laptop. Did not post it because everyone will advise to NOT install two different AV's. But these two Avast modules are not part of the core shields (separate modules triggered by the behavioral monitor and they in turn check on the Avast service whether a program is on the blacklist).

To be on the safe side (and exclude possible overlap of BD Advanced Threat Defense and Avast behavioral blocker) I decided to mutually exclude their protections. When excluding Avast in BD, I noticed it is impossible to disable the advanced threat protection of Bitdefender Free on FOLDER level (other protections can be excluded on folder), those exclusions have to be set per process/program

1682234424345.png

Afterwards I checked whether BD Free Online Threat Prevention worked and Avast Firewall worked. So when you exclude the running CFW processes in BD Free there should be no incompatibilities. I can image you would exclude/allow BDServicehost and BD agent in Comodo Firewall

Last edited by a moderator:

simmerskool

Level 31
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@simmerskool

I added Avast ransomware protection and firewall to Bit Defender free on my wife's laptop.
I was just curious if BD free would run ok with cruel_CF, I ended up installing VS CyberLock with BD_free + Andy's SWH. I am eagerly awaiting @Shadrowra test of BD free. For me, every time I try Avast anything, I end up not liking it and uninstalling it. I cannot give a good reason for this... but appreciate your post! :D

Reactions: ForgottenSeer 97327

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
To be on the safe side (and exclude possible overlap of BD Advanced Threat Defense and Avast behavioral blocker) I decided to mutually exclude their protections.
I still think this is not a good idea. You have two AV product's Behavior Blocker monitoring the same things. This could cause huge problems and may hamper each other from working properly.
There are other Anti-Ransomware products which may work better.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I still think this is not a good idea. You have two AV product's Behavior Blocker monitoring the same things. This could cause huge problems and may hamper each other from working properly.
There are other Anti-Ransomware products which may work better.
Yes it could and I agree with you that in general this is not a good idea.

Both AV's only overlap with their behavioral/anomoly modules (BD Advanced Threat Protection - Avast behavioral shield). Since Microsoft kept the Exploit Protection active even when you disable Microsoft Defender, AV's had to make sure their behavioral component did not interfere with MD Exploit Protection. So I think this risk is minimal. To be on the safe side, I have mutually excluded all in memory processes from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.