App Review Cylance (old and new) vs. Signature-based AV (in an offline test) with fresh malware and ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have read every single post, and to me it seems security software not liked by hardcore geeks which has 10+ pages in MT is overrated hype and threads have higher chanse to be locked because those opinions appereantly have higher value than other 10 members feedback. "People reporting not-desired replies" and "some are too emotionally attached to specific software and can't handle truth" is just an excuses to cover up what's going on. Free speech and opinion expression is suppressed to a point people is afraid to talk to not get banned/harassed afterwards.

Staff doesn't lock threads for no reason whatsoever. They do it in response to multiple complaints. And the only ones complaining are those that get too emotionally involved and complain about some post that they didn't like. That is exactly what happens in these threads.

Sorry, but security soft geeks and senior members don't get you banned. Your own behavior gets you banned. You hang yourself. No one does it to you, but yourself.

Cover-up of what ? There is nothing to cover up.

I have publicly gone on-record stating Cylance is a decent AV. So there's no way anyone is going to prove I am bashing it. Furthermore, I have neither attempted to suppress any Cylance thread nor attempted to dissuade anyone from using it. And finally, I never promoted AppGuard in any of the threads. All I did was briefly mention default-deny. Like I said, this isn't about which product or protection model is better.

If people want to discuss Cylance here that's fine. However, pointing out stuff about a product that some people do not want to read or hear is not sabotaging a thread. It is a legitimate part of the debate.

Who is suppressing free speech ? It is the ones who report posts to have them deleted - all because they didn't like what was posted. The childish antics that go on behind the scenes are well-known. Those are the ones who are suppressing the free speech. Within the context of these threads, I'm not suppressing anyone's free speech - and certainly not yours.

You've been one of the most reactionary out of all the people involved in the Cylance threads - all because you didn't like what some people posted and the thread wasn't going like you wanted it to go - which was basically to keep me and a few others off of the Cylance threads. You're the one who has lashed-out multiple times and made personal attacks. So you acting like you've done nothing wrong and trying to make it out to be everyone's else's fault - and that is just a plain lie. You are responsible for your own behavior. No one made you do it. You did it all by yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
As soon as I made a post on this thread, people immediately made drama responses to my post.

I'm not the problem.

People who cannot control themselves, who can't stop themselves from becoming emotionally involved, and who cannot stop themselves from responding and creating drama are the problem.

No one was creating FUD. No one was bashing. There was only an open debate. It's people like you that immediately start to cry "Foul ! Foul ! No fair ! Bashing !" when something is posted that you simply don't like or you disagree with. The post might or might not have anything to do with anything. Your objective is just to get involved because you don't like it. And it is obvious that you didn't even read every single post in every thread - across all of the threads - to even know the origins and the reason this debate continues on the subject at-hand.

It's just peculiar to me that you're calling me too emotionally involved when you're in almost every Cylance thread dropping several paragraphs every post, some of which hint at this weird pro-cylance shadow conspiracy that's having threads get locked. You've told me that I need to, "... learn to read and comprehend the subtleties of English." You're accusing me of complaining about bashing and crying foul when I haven't done anything of the sort. And I'm the one too emotionally invested in this?

If you post an opinion about a product, or a products advertising practices, compare it to other similar products, and someone disagrees with you, you don't get to hide behind the crying foul shield. If you throw your opinion into a public forum, people are allowed to disagree with it. It doesn't make them shills, and it doesn't mean they're crying foul. It means that they disagree with you.

Last edited:

It's just peculiar to me that you're calling me too emotionally involved when you're in almost every Cylance thread dropping several paragraphs every post, some of which hint at this weird pro-cylance shadow conspiracy that's having threads get locked. You've told me that I need to, "... learn to read and comprehend the subtleties of English." You're accusing me of complaining about bashing and crying foul when I haven't done anything of the sort. And I'm the one too emotionally invested in this?

If you post an opinion about a product, or a products advertising practices, compare it to other similar products, and someone disagrees with you, you don't get to hide behind the crying foul shield. If you throw your opinion into a public forum, people are allowed to disagree with it. It doesn't make them shills, and it doesn't mean they're crying foul. It means that they disagree with you.

I didn't say you are emotionally involved. That' your interpretation. And like I've said repeatedly, the intent and meaning of my posts are what I say they are, and not how you interpret them.

That being said, you are emotionally involved. You can't control yourself to stop responding. And that's all the proof anyone needs. This thread was dead until I made a post. And immediately you and a few others came out of the woodwork and made drama posts in response to my post. We took bets that drama would happen merely because I made a post on this thread. And that is exactly what has happened.

I don't get threads locked. Staff locks threads because people complain like little children because of something they don't like even when what has been posted is valid. And it isn't me complaining to staff about anyone's posts. It is others. So blame them for the locked threads. They're the ones that create the behind the scenes drama that gets threads locked.

I never accused you of anything. Had I accused you of something then I would have called you out explicitly by name. Once again, it is you assigning intent and meaning to my posts as you want them to be instead of what they actually are.

I am not hiding behind anything. I am merely pointing out issues that many others have affirmatively stated that they agree with my position.

And I'm not the only MT member who thinks there is rampant shilling happening. Multiple other members have made the same observation stated the same thing. So I'm not the only one asserting it. People can see with their own two eyes.

You guys keep wanting to make it about me. And it just isn't going to work. I can do this all day long. I can control myself. If and when I want to stop posting on a thread, I will. I am as cool as a cucumber. The issues I have raised are shared by other MT members. They have openly agreed with my posts as well as openly supported my positions.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I am assuming that you mean Cylance "catches" in less than a second versus Kaspersky might "catch" in 2 seconds. Whatever that speed difference might be, it has no significant meaning in-practice. So it is a moot point.

I just want to clarify, It was about 10 seconds for Cylance and a half hour for Kaspersky to flag all 100 plus samples. This was right after unzipping them. That's all. Yes, I use Appguard with my settings which I believe to be a great product along with a bunch of other software. Is is not a moot point if you are testing a bunch of samples. I would rather not get 100 plus slide outs from an AV compared to one.

Reactions: oldschool
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I can do this all day long. I can control myself.

These loquacious posts are absolutely life sucking to this forum.. Lockdown, it's not a declared loss to simply walk away, I walk away from discussions all of the time, daily, multiple times a day and I don't think any less of myself as a result of it. In fact, it shows self confidence and fortitude to walk away.

Please, let us move on and talk about Cylance.. Please? Just once?

I just want to clarify, It was about 10 seconds for Cylance and a half hour for Kaspersky to flag all 100 plus samples. This was right after unzipping them. That's all. Yes, I use Appguard with my settings which I believe to be a great product along with a bunch of other software. Is is not a moot point if you are testing a bunch of samples. I would rather not get 100 plus slide outs from an AV compared to one.

The time of detection during a scan - while the malware is not running - is a moot point. Think about it. The samples are just sitting there on the system doing nothing. What is important is that the malware is detected at all. That's more important than the scan and detection speed.

These loquacious posts are absolutely life sucking to this forum.. Lockdown, it's not a declared loss to simply walk away, I walk away from discussions all of the time, daily, multiple times a day and I don't think any less of myself as a result of it. In fact, it shows self confident and fortitude to walk away.

Please, let us move on and talk about Cylance.. Please? Just once?

People don't have to read my posts. People don't have to respond to my posts. I think it is hypocrisy that I should ignore others' posts and not respond, but they cannot ignore mine.

It's not about winning or losing, but instead about proving a point.

Anyhow ...sure. Let's move on.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

The time of detection during a scan - while the malware is not running - is a moot point. Think about it. The samples are just sitting there on the system doing nothing. What is important is that the malware is detected at all. That's more important than the scan and detection speed.
I know your point. All I am saying is I don't have time to try to execute them. And so a dynamic test of Cylance becomes impossible. With Kaspersky, I have all the time in the world to execute them. Once again, I am not a teen, I am retired and been doing these forums for many years. I was on Wilders on dial-up but when the worthless mods banned me from posting, I decided never to go back. They do not deserve me. I did notice a bunch of Wilders mods not posting here much anymore.

I know your point. All I am saying is I don't have time to try to execute them. And so a dynamic test of Cylance becomes impossible. With Kaspersky, I have all the time in the world to execute them. Once again, I am not a teen, I am retired and been doing these forums for many years. I was on Wilders on dial-up but when the worthless mods banned me from posting, I decided never to go back. They do not deserve me. I did notice a bunch of Wilders mods not posting here much anymore.

I understand.

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
This thread was dead until I made a post. And immediately you and a few others came out of the woodwork and made drama posts in response to my post. We took bets that drama would happen merely because I made a post on this thread. And that is exactly what has happened.

I'm just having a huge laugh at this. I'm sorry, but there's a we in this equation? So there's a bunch of you, and you make a new post in a dead thread, and someone responds, much like they would normally do in a message board when someone posts new content for a discussion, and this is somehow unique enough that the lot of you are taking bets on it. You're so surprised that people have a different opinion, that you've started a betting pool that people will respond in a public forum to something that you've posted? What other kinds of innocent behavior are you guys going to be finding intent in? He uses a keyboard, and he has good grammar and punctuation. He must be shilling for Cylance! Did you know that he also wears shoes. Shoes!? Yes Shoes, for running. Because he is clearly guilty.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.