App Review Firefox vs Chrome Security Test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Which Browser Do You Use?

• Chrome

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
It's worth noting that Firefox uses Google' safe browsing service

How does built-in Phishing and Malware Protection work? | Firefox Help
" Phishing and Malware Protection works by checking the sites that you visit against lists of reported phishing, unwanted software and malware sites. These lists are automatically downloaded and updated every 30 minutes or so when the Phishing and Malware Protection features are enabled.

When you download an application file, Firefox checks the site hosting it against a list of sites known to contain “malware”. If the site is found on that list, Firefox blocks the file immediately, otherwise it asks Google’s Safe Browsing service if the software is safe by sending it some of the download’s metadata.*"

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Both browsers does not rely fully on any 3rd party engines, so technically you need companion based to protect in all matters.

Good thing that phishing can easily manage to detect since it is not belong to deep web.

done

Level 5
Verified
Mar 19, 2015
I'm chrome user but firefox is securing your passwords with master password very important to me.
Chrome must have master password to be safe to use.
Any password recovery\crack can extract your password even if you have user password on windows
firefox encrypt your password thats a win for me

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I'm chrome user but firefox is securing your passwords with master password very important to me.
Chrome must have master password to be safe to use.
Any password recovery\crack can extract your password even if you have user password on windows
firefox encrypt your password thats a win for me

Use Lastpass in chrome and its done....

Reactions: Cohen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.