Google Chrome Not Responding Due to Malware

blue4t

Thread author
Aug 22, 2017
A couple of days ago I had an issue with Google Chrome not responding at all. The only thing I could do was to end the task and start over. After running through different issues (including reinstall) I found out the issue was with some malware. I ran a scan, got rid of the offending malware, and everything worked normal. Today the issue popped up again. I am running the anti-malware but I don't want to have to do that every time. Is there something that can fix this problem from never coming back?

I haven't started visiting new websites or downloading anything. If I download anything it's usually from a respected source like amazon.com. Could I be going to a site that's giving me malware and I just don't know about it?

I could be totally wrong and it's not malware causing the problem. It could've just been a lucky fix on Sunday. I hope I'm right because that does narrow everything down.

Attachments

• FRST_22-08-2017 14.34.38.txt
    137.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition_22-08-2017 14.34.38.txt
    48.3 KB · Views: 2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.