Windows 11 Pro
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7940HS
GPU
AMD Radeon 780M
RAM
DDR5 Dual Channel SODIMM 2 x 32GB Kingston 5600MHz
Storage
1 TB M.2 SSD 2280 PCIe4.0 Kingston changed to Kingston FURY Renegade 1TB, because better (double) speed up to 7100MB/6100MB read/write
Case
Own MINISFORUM MiniPC
Monitor
Benq SenseEye Led GL2460 (not new, taken from previous rig)
Keyboard and Mouse
Rii RK900+ & HP Mouse (not new, taken from previous rig)
My computer protection
Soon I will create a new Security Config

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
After using for long years my main system with an AMD Athlon II X3 450 + 12GB RAM DDR3 + Crucial MX300 SSD 512GB, I'm changing to this new system :)

Anyway, the AMD Athlon II X3 still alive and kicking! And will keep it for testing purposes :)

The new system it's a beast, very fast, not so hot, low consumption and very small, I have pinned it to the back of my monitor :)

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
After using for long years my main system with an AMD Athlon II X3 450 + 12GB RAM DDR3 + Crucial MX300 SSD 512GB, I'm changing to this new system :)

Anyway, the AMD Athlon II X3 still alive and kicking! And will keep it for testing purposes :)

The new system it's a beast, very fast, not so hot, low consumption and very small, I have pinned it to the back of my monitor :)

Hello,

Based on the information provided, you have a MINISFORUM VENUS SERIE UM790 PRO, a pre-built mini-PC that has been last upgraded on September 3, 2023. This compact system, priced at approximately $927, is designed for both home and business use. Let's take a closer look at the components and your setup:

CPU: The AMD Ryzen 7940HS is a high-performance mobile processor that should provide ample power for both productivity tasks and home usage.

GPU: The AMD Radeon 780M integrated GPU is capable of handling typical business applications, light media creation, and some casual gaming.

RAM: Equipped with 64GB of high-speed DDR5 5600MHz memory from Kingston in a dual-channel configuration, your system is well-prepared for intensive multitasking and memory-heavy applications.

Storage: The upgrade to a Kingston FURY Renegade 1TB M.2 SSD, which offers impressive read/write speeds of up to 7100MB/6100MB, significantly enhances system responsiveness and data transfer rates. This is particularly beneficial for tasks that require high disk I/O performance.

Case: The MINISFORUM MiniPC case is designed for space efficiency and portability, which is ideal for a desktop with a small footprint.

Monitor: The Benq SenseEye Led GL2460 monitor, while not a new component, provides reliable display quality for daily tasks. However, for a more enhanced visual experience, especially if your work involves color-sensitive tasks, you might consider upgrading to a newer model with better color accuracy and potentially higher resolution or refresh rate in the future.

Keyboard and Mouse: The Rii RK900+ keyboard and HP mouse, taken from your previous rig, should function adequately for general use, though you might want to look into ergonomic or higher-end peripherals for improved comfort or functionality, especially if you use them for extended periods.

Additional Considerations:

• Connectivity: Ensure that the system has sufficient ports for all your peripherals and consider the benefits of docking stations or USB hubs if more connections are needed.
  • Backup Solutions: With critical business data, it's important to have a backup solution in place. This could be an external drive, NAS system, or cloud-based service.
  • Ergonomics: Given that this setup is for business use, it's worthwhile to invest in ergonomic furniture and accessories to maintain comfort during long working hours.
  • Security: For business applications, ensure that you have robust security measures in place, including antivirus software, a firewall, and regular software updates to protect your data.
  • Warranty and Support: Check the warranty coverage for your pre-built system and understand the support services provided by MINISFORUM, as this can be crucial for business continuity.
In summary, the MINISFORUM VENUS SERIE UM790 PRO appears to be a well-rounded system with high-quality components suitable for a variety of home and business tasks. Its compact form factor and powerful internals provide a good balance between performance and space-saving design.

Reactions: harlan4096

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.