jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From SurfRight Website

Second Opinion Malware Scanner

If your child is not feeling well and you suspect he or she has a virus infection you're going to visit your doctor. But what do you do when the doctor tells you that he cannot find anything but your child still does not feel very well? Of course, you go to visit another doctor for a second opinion.

This is the same what Hitman Pro does for your computer. Hitman Pro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti virus software, firewalls, etc.).

Screenshots

hmp-welcome.jpg

hmp-settings.jpg

hmp-scanresults.jpg

I didn't own the images, those are came from SurfRight Website.

D

Deleted member 178

RE: Hitman Pro (Cloud Anti Malware On Demand Scanner)

nice an well done review, James. HMP is a must-have on my toolbox.

Mark

Apr 22, 2011

Since its through cloud, an internet connection is required.
For advanced users, Early Warning Scoring works offline.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

I didn't know that, since even I'm regularly use of HMP I didn't mind what is EWS caused all I know was an internet connection is needed..

+Rep

amazingAG

Jun 1, 2011

Recently i also wrote a review regarding it and i must admit you did a great job here. The pros and cons are absolutely perfect. I would like to add few pros and cons along with your set.

Pros:-
1. Since its a cloud scanner so no need of regular virus database updates.
2. Simple, easy to use interface. No complicated settings(novice friendly).

Cons:-
1. No options for deep scan.

Good job
+rep.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

amazingAG said:
Cons:-
1. No options for deep scan.

Yes,it would be a good option if users could also do a deep scan...but I guess the quick scan will find 99% of the real malware .... Also it would be nice if it would scan for malicious registry key changes.

As a major + , I would like to add the Force Breach Mode.

When your programs fail to start due to a rogue/fake anti-malware infection, just download Hitman Pro and start it while holding down the left Ctrl-key until its window appears. This will instruct Hitman Pro to terminate all non essential processes in the user's context, including the malicious application that terminates any program you want to run.
In this example Hitman Pro is started in Force Breach mode to take out the rogue Security Tool infection.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i like the force breach mode.

lol Jack, you have a badly protected system ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good to see that some members suggested more information beside on my final review in HMP. Force breach mode is really useful in case of highly infected state.

McLovin

Level 78
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hitman Pro is one of those essentials that belong in my virus removal kit.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
HMP's one of the core tools in my Security Setup right now and I can say that it's one of the best Scanners available right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.