Serious Discussion How safe and easy can I do this?

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
OK, with my previous PC, it was sometimes handy to have GeForce Experience installed. (I guess.) But with my current PC I think I no longer need it, and it is going to be replaced once their new program is ready. It is simply taking a bit of space on my SSD and such. Now in another thread (And to be honest in a few others as well in the past.) I saw the mention of the software NVCleanstall. It has a recommended option, and I think I saw an option for a clean installation?

So I am curious to find out a few things.

1) If I want to use NVVCleanstall from today or tomorrow to keep my NVidia drivers up to date, can I safely remove GeForce Experience with Revo Uninstaller without removing the drivers?

2) If the drivers stay after removing GFE, should I use NVCleanstall to do a clean installation of the NVidia drivers? Because I do not know if removing GFE, also removes all the unnecessary components?

By the way, currently I have the v552.44 drivers installed. (The latest drivers.)

* Any tips on safely doing this is welcome. As long as I can play my games and videos at the best quality and experience, then I will be happy to get rid of GFE and only install what I only actually need. :)

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
1) use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clear all traces of NVidia Drivers. You'll have to do it in safe mode.

2) Reboot and let NVClean install select and install the correct driver components for you. Don't forget to turn on its automatic update check if you want it to automatically update the drivers. It will check for necessary components, such as the GPU switch module for notebooks. Check the other components to be sure you don't need any of the other components.

Basically, that's it. You'll have a clean NVidia driver without all the unnecessary software install in your computer.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.