Guide | How To Increase windows 7 performance in 4 easy steps

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I agree, buying a new PC/laptop is generally easier however I do think that upgrading RAM takes little-to-no effort. On my notebook where I have 6gb DDR3 RAM, theres a panel on the back I can unscrew and slip out and back in RAM. It supports 8GB RAM.

As for the processor, I think you should just leave that alone. You buy a PC with the specs, unless your upgrading RAM or fixing a problem, I think as far as upgrading processors go, it's a bad idea. If you want the latest i5 or i7 processor, you should just buy a laptop/notebook/PC with it. However, when it comes to RAM I totally agree with upgrading. You should be fine with a Intel i3 1.8ghz dual core processor, anyway. I can do gaming on it, just fine, so average PC usage and programming, photoshop/design software etc should be perfect with it.
what if you have pentium 4 3 gig with only 2 slots that support 1 gig each?
this article meant to try to increase performance for the current hardware so telling someone add ram replace CPU not relevant. of cours there are other steps to make any windows run lighter (msconfig) but thats another story

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
..I just had to borrow WinXPert's picture!;):D Under All Circumstances, nissimezra (Listen to Captain Picard.).:):)
wjszlv.jpg
I don't see any resume why to use it if many viruses can easily bypass it.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Same if u even know what UAC is and can do u almost not need it anymore. i have disable it for years cuz i find it just annoying+ its easly bypassed by malwares.
agree. I had it on with MSE and I got infected with fake AV just by clicking a link, UAC didn't ask anything.
I'm not sure though that disable UAC will increase performance but it sure decrease headache.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Not only will disabling UAC increase performance you can also uninstall all real-time security products, disable Windows Firewall and have a very fast system. Of coarse you might also have several infections as well and leave your system vulnerable for attacks.

To save disk space you can always refuse to install all Windows Updates since it adds more used space but then you system is open to all vulnerabilities and gets no new features or performance enhancements.

I don't understand why these useless guides exists.

Thanks. :D

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Not only will disabling UAC increase performance you can also uninstall all real-time security products, disable Windows Firewall and have a very fast system. Of coarse you might also have several infections as well and leave your system vulnerable for attacks.

To save disk space you can always refuse to install all Windows Updates since it adds more used space but then you system is open to all vulnerabilities and gets no new features or performance enhancements.

I don't understand why these useless guides exists.

Thanks. :D
firewall on
auto update waste of disk space off
security center waste of resources off
windows defender on win 7 waste of resources off
error report off
AV on

thats just me:D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Maybe because this useless guides have uneducated followers who prefer believing in notions instead of sound technical facts.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
agree. I had it on with MSE and I got infected with fake AV just by clicking a link, UAC didn't ask anything.
I'm not sure though that disable UAC will increase performance but it sure decrease headache.:D

UAC is not an antivirus. And don't use MSE on win7.

Every security software can be bypassed, every software has bugs, that does not mean you will not use any ;). If you really want to disable UAC, atleast use a limited user.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
More i read here more i see people misunderstand UAC lol...

UAC is not an AV , its goal is not to block ALL malwares but just those that try to install WITHOUT your knowledge, not blocking them when you purposely execute them, come on guys...

Some people think that not using protection is best for them because they are skilled and can dodge threats but they are not , they are just lucky for now...

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I don't see any resume why to use it if many viruses can easily bypass it.
It is good for us to question whether what we believe is fact.:oops:
Sometimes even seeing annoying prompts which warn that a program is about to change system settings is enough reason,o_O but can appear (to some) similar to false positives.:confused: This is not like an AV. Malware (Trojans, worms, pups, and adware) that are allowed to install along with programs which, as Umbra stated, are actually the result of the user choosing (to allow) rather than declining (stopping) installations that include malware.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I know this will ruffle alot of feathers, but it's just a users opinion/preference.
A users comment from that article that I agree with completely...

Windows search and Uac are both crap.Uac is the first thing I disable
on a new computer. There is no need for twenty questions every time
you want to do something. big time waster. if you don't want malware on your
computer, don't download it.

I hate the search from Vista to 8, so I use everything.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
I can confirm you that nothing in that article will improve Windows' performance in overall.
Also, the UAC takes close to no ressources. So you want to disable one of Windows main security feature in order to get 0.000000001 second response time ? Seems logic as hell. Also, to disable the window auto-resize ? If you don't even use that feature, it won't do anything. Also, your GPU is rendering the window in the end and not really Windows if you ask me.

Terrible advices, wouldn't suggest that to anyone. As a Windows troubleshooter and performance tweaker, there's many better options to increase your Windows' performance.

Reactions: Littlebits

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.