Solved Infected with Adware - REALLY hard to get rid of!

dazinger92

Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2016
Note:

Now that I think about it, I probably could have also checked if it happened in Incognito Mode first before reinstalling Chrome, hah!

dazinger92

Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2016
Sorry for the long delay - I have performed the Chrome sync Reset, but I still need a little more time to make sure that the problem is resolved now.

dazinger92

Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2016
Everything looks good!

Thank you for all of your help; I really appreciate it!

For anyone else who might have possible adware on Chrome or Firefox - always keep an eye on your sync data! Luckily, it was a relatively easy fix, but be sure to back up any bookmarks or your history, write down the names of the extensions you use, then clear the sync data. You will also need to clean-reinstall the applications on all of your infected devices.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to help out with this. I wish you the best! :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.