Question Issues with Kaspersky junk cleaner and registry cleaner

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ahmed Uchiha

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 5, 2021
I know that you test kaspersky beta. But, did you encounter issues with Kaspersky junk cleaner and registry cleaner as I encountered issue where windows update was pending to restart and after kaspersky done it's cleaning I restarted the PC and when I checked windows update it shows error to install update this happened twice and to fix this issue I needed to install windows again via media creation tool.
Also, kaspersky can delete registry keys for apps installed in bitlocker protected drive as it will consider these apps registry as invalid.
I suggested to kaspersky support to pause any cleaning when the app detect that windows update is pending to restart or install update.

Currently I stopped using this feature because I have my doubts that it causes issues and this is not the focus of kaspersky as security firm as this feature needs regular monitoring and improvement to algorithms because one registry key false positive and the system is ruined.

Last edited by a moderator:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Yes, I'm testing beta K21.16 version + W10 Pro... I have these settings:

1703773513081.png

And then I click on:

1703773542802.png

And I'm not having any issues with Windows Update...

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
And I'm not having any issues with Windows Update...
I think what happened is, Windows download and installed an update which required a restart to finish. But then Kaspersky's cleaner function deleted temp folders including the folder where windows downloads the update files temporarily before finishing the installation. So when he tried to restart the PC, windows couldn't find the files and things were corrupt. I did something similar in the past using HiBit Uninstaller. I didn't realize that an update was downloaded in the background pending a restart. Even manually downloading offline update file didn't fix the issue and had to restore a system backup to fix it.

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
I would not use any registry cleaners if you want to use anything... i would recommend Microsoft PC manager which does actually a very good job.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.