New Update KB5034204 for Windows 11 brings Start menu fixes, File Explorer improvements, and more

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has prepared a new non-security update for Windows 11 users. The latest optional release for versions 23H2 and 22H2 (KB5034204, build numbers 22621.3085 and 22631.3085) fixes the broken search in the Start menu, makes video calls more reliable, resolves the bug that causes your computer to stop responding, fixes built-in troubleshooters, and more. You are not obliged to install KB5034204 right away, but you can go ahead and pull the trigger if you need a specific bug fix mentioned in the changelog below.

Here are quick links for your convenience:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
For me this was the drop that flooded the bucket and ditch Edge (because Edge keeps running the auto clear at close does not work)
Indeed, cookieautodelete works, but the browser cannot be cleaned properly, when it is running, luckily this was never an issue for me, though no idea why?! I just disable everything via policies.

Templar

Level 1
Jan 2, 2023
This update Preview has been causing some people problems, including myself.

Every shutdown has provoked this warning:

20240130_031258.jpg

It seems to be mainly affecting users with Xbox Controllers for PC.

Reactions: oldschool

JohnR

Level 2
Feb 19, 2020
For me this was the drop that flooded the bucket and ditch Edge (because Edge keeps running the auto clear at close does not work) and switch to Chrome (found a post on MT on how to enable auto history delete with chrome through registry).
I have/had the same problem with Edge continuing to run in the background and despite 'Standalone Sidebar' allegedly no longer being a feature, disabling it fixes the problem, for me anyway. Enable or Disable Standalone Sidebar in Microsoft Edge Tutorial

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.