MalwareFire's Configuration (Updated 20-12-2014)

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, @MalwareFire...
There are some free antivirus solutions that are very light on system resources..
Avast, Avira, 360IS are some of them. MBAM will not protect you by any means on its own.
Also, I would get rid of SAS...
Thanks for sharing..

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I dont have any antivirus in real time because put my pc very slow

I had a 256MB RAM system with P4 processor and Windows XP till last year. I ditched using an antivirus on it, and instead used just Sandboxie :D

But since you're running Windows 7, your system shouldn't be that bad.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Also, you could try TimeFreeze and get rid of any security software (except firewall, preferably with outbound protection to combat keyloggers).

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
MBAM Pro or Premium consumed 100MB RAM ... you can also install a proper AV for MBAM... ;)

Reactions: OneDay
Y

yigido

Hello, @MalwareFire...
There are some free antivirus solutions that are very light on system resources..
Avast, Avira, 360IS are some of them. MBAM will not protect you by any means on its own.
Also, I would get rid of SAS...
Thanks for sharing..
I second that.

Reactions: OneDay

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I agree some type of real time protection.I like HTTPS Everywhere also.Thanks for sharing your config :)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I agree with your choice of installing AVG Free i believe it's a good AV and it's one of my favorites;).
Just another suggestion i want to make is adding a second browser in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Thanks for sharing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.