Solved Searchmia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlesthebear25

Thread author
Jun 6, 2023
I'm stuck with a malware extention wich says its installed by my adminastrator, whenever I look somthing up I get stuck with searchesmiadotcom. I've already tried on my own but gotten no results. Sorry if I'm unclear english isn't my first language

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    25 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello ..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

I see you are using a non-English version of FRST. This makes it difficult for me to read your logs, so please do the following ....
  • Rename FRST64.exe to FRSTEnglish.exe
  • Run a new scan
  • Post the new FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs, which should now be in English.

Reactions: upnorth

Charlesthebear25

Thread author
Jun 6, 2023
Hello ..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

I see you are using a non-English version of FRST. This makes it difficult for me to read your logs, so please do the following ....
  • Rename FRST64.exe to FRSTEnglish.exe
  • Run a new scan
  • Post the new FRST.txt and Addition.txt logs, which should now be in English.
My apolligies, while waiting for a reply I was scouring the internet and came upon a thread that guided me to regstor editor, I found the malware files under local machine/sofware/policy/google/chrome, I still want to thank you for your time.

• Thanks
Reactions: icotonev

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks for letting me know..! That's all I'm going to ask you to do...:

• Download KpRm and save it to your Desktop (see here if you must use Chrome)
  • Note: If the file is detected as malware it is not and it is safe to download. The detection is a false positive.
  • Right click on the icon and select Run as administrator
  • Click Yes on the Disclaimer
  • Place a check mark in Delete Tools, Create Restore Point, and Delete in 7 days
  • Click Run
  • Click OK on All operations are completed
  • KpRm will delete itself from you Desktop and you can either save or remove the report that is generated
  • You are free to remove any other tools/reports still remaining
  • Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened. :)

Reactions: upnorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.