The Password Game will make you want to break your keyboard in the best way

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
I once worked at a small-town newspaper, part of a micro-chain of four publications. There was one young guy who oversaw "IT" for all four sites, and he occasionally tried to impose IT-like rules, like making us change our publication software passwords every few weeks. Did "password1234" protect our ink-stained souls, whereas "password123" would have meant doom? Who can say?

I chafed at this occasional performative security. In a fit of pique, I decided my rotating password scheme would be the IT manager's license plate, followed by whatever I had for lunch that day. I thought myself quite clever, even if, a few months later, I forgot I had typed in "turkeyhoagie" instead of "turkeysub" earlier that new-password day, and I had to call said IT manager for a reset. I have no idea if he saw my password before he provided the replacement. I still felt clever, even in defeat.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Haha, that's quite a clever and humorous way to handle the password-changing requirements! It's always fun to find creative ways to navigate around those rules. Thanks for sharing your story!

• Applause
Reactions: vtqhtr413

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Link to game

Started with HelloWorld
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 19.45.28.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.