App Review Those Nasty RATS Part 3

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Thanks, but does it affect software that updates its self like antivirus?
When you Exit "Shadow Mode", there is two options :

- Discard all changes except Exlusion List
- Commit all changes

So yes it can affect updates made by themselves when you are on Shadow mode.

That why there is several ways to use Shadow Defender.

For example : If I only use it to open / run unknown files or test software / malware :
=> when I Exit, I choose "Discard all changes except Exclusion List" (this will cancel all changes on partitions I have selected by checkbox before Enter in Shadow mode).
If my AV has made an update during the time I was protected by Shadow Defender => doesn't matter it cancel it, it will re update later :)

Last edited:

Andytay70

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
When you Exit "Shadow Mode", there is two options :

- Discard all changes except Exlusion List
- Commit all changes

So yes it can affect updates made by themselves when you are on Shadow mode.

That why there is several ways to use Shadow Defender.

For example : If I only use it to open / run unknown files or test software / malware :
=> when I Exit, I choose "Discard all changes except Exclusion List" (this will cancel all changes on partitions I have selected by checkbox before Enter in Shadow mode).
IF my AV made an update during the time I was protected by Shadow Defender => doesn't matter it cancel it, it will re update later :)
Thanks
I got it now, much appreciated!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nothing surprise, any behavior of malware will caught by that simple virtualization.

Still it will take up numerous generation to discover another flaw of concept besides to kill itself when an anti-sandbox detected.

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014
AV Guru- Here and on my channel. I just hope it will be ready as it will have to exceed just running the RAT. Also I have to code (or find) something that in theory may be interesting.

I was thinking that it will be giveaway of AppGurad...looks like I missunderstund post before.

Looking forward next test by Cruelsister and hope that VoodooShield will be included.

Sorry for bad english :cool:

Reactions: XhenEd and DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.