App Review Trend Micro and AVG Boot Time Protection

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thinking Out Loud:

Prevention of ransomware malware.

> WinAntiRansom ( by Winpatrol) Seem to be the Winner.
Against ransomware!!! At this point.

Boot Time Protection.
> AVG cleaning of malware is slow on different reviews.
> Bitdefender poor support in the past.
> Retake of test....360 Total Security (Qihoo) ?

@Evgency,

Kaspersky does not seem to stop varoiuses ransomware! Sad/Sorry!

by CyberSecurity.

I am hoping that Dr. Web Secuirty Space will stop cruelsister
testing ransomware on her AV's tests of Boot Time Protection.

This is why, I have WinAntiRansom ( by Winpatrol) install on
my PC's. As a backup in help protect.

And would Comodo Firewall had stop the above Malware Boot Time
Protection? Or Sandboxie?

This lead us to cleaning abilities,after being infected by Malware?
This is why individuals need a combinations of Security Software's.
(Prevention, Detection, Cleaning, Removal.)

Last edited:

Evgeny

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
Thinking Out Loud:

Prevention of ransomware malware.

> WinAntiRansom ( by Winpatrol) Seem to be the Winner.
Against ransomware!!! At this point.

Boot Time Protection.
> AVG cleaning of malware is slow on different reviews.
> Bitdefender poor support in the past.
> Retake of test....360 Total Security (Qihoo) ?

@Evgency,

Kaspersky does not seem to stop varoiuses ransomware! Sad/Sorry!

by CyberSecurity.

I am hoping that Dr. Web Secuirty Space will stop cruelsister
testing ransomware on her AV's tests of Boot Time Protection.

This is why, I have WinAntiRansom ( by Winpatrol) install on
my PC's.

And would Comodo Firewall had stop the above Malware Boot Time
Protection? Or Sandboxie?

This lead us to cleaning abilities,after being infected by Malware?
This is why individuals need a combinations of Security Software's.
(Prevention, Detection, Cleaning, Removal.)

Kaspersky real time protection is turned off in that video, and I am sure K will handle this without any problem, with the ability to customize Application Control which has rich features.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm not sure, and maybe I'm totally wrong... that video shows the power of TeslaCrypt 3.0, and Yes We could see K icon in Desktop and in Windows TaskBar, but K icon is grayed (and yellow triangle)... so it seems protection was stopped/not running... in Kaspersky 2016 there is a new setting in Application Control called: Change trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky, which by default is set to automatically, but it can be changed to Low, High Restriction or UnTrusted.

Also in Settings -> Additional -> Performance there is: Release resources to the operating system when the computers starts which by default is on, but it can be disabled -> Core protection functionality of the application is enabled early during startup of the operating system.

I would like to see how will perform those settings in the upcoming video of cruelsister :)

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
@Evgeny,

You may want to write/post CyberSecurity on his YouTube reviews.
In 90% Percent of his video's reviews it did not stop ransomware.
After you write him, let us know the answer and/or P.M. me.

Kind regards,

Evgeny

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
I'm not sure, and maybe I'm totally wrong... that video shows the power of TeslaCrypt 3.0, and Yes We could see K icon in Desktop and in Windows TaskBar, but K icon is grayed (and yellow triangle)... so it seems protection was stopped/not running... in Kaspersky 2016 there is a new setting in Application Control called: Change trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky, which by default is set to automatically, but it can be change to Low, High Restriction o UnTrusted.

Also in Settings -> Additional -> Performance there is: Release resources to the operating system when the computers starts which by default is on, but it can be disabled -> Core protection functionality of the application is enabled early during startup of the operating system).

I would like to see how will perform those settings in the upcoming videos of cruelsister :)

Hey, I know that is off topic but I gotta ask you Harlan,
Change trust group for applications started before startup of Kaspersky is set to trusted (automatically) for me, what will happen if I change to low/high restriction?

How my other applications will load (including digital signature applications)?
Thanks.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I am planning to use Microsoft products in the Grand Finale in a few weeks- included will be WD on Win 7 as well as MSE and EMET. Also a WD on Win10 will be added (so it will be at least three (or four) tests in the video. It's just kind of complicated to script.

Reactions: Av Gurus and Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.