Advice Request Very slow Windows 7 clean installation [Solved]

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashu Kumar

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2014
hello friends,

This is an unusual situation for me related to Windows installation.

My sister's desktop was unbearably slow (to boot) and poor in performance (Explorer would take ages to show the attached removable drives...eternal green progress bar :mad:), so I decided to do a clean installation of Windows 7-32 bit on it with a bootable usb.

Specs:
2 GB ddr2 RAM
Intel i3 processor
320 GB hard-disk (3 partitions)

To my surprise, I can't get past the Windows logo greeting window. It seems to stuck there and it's been more than 2 hours.

nuZNEWd.png

Considering the situation, I deleted the C partition using GParted with a thought that it would reduce the installation overhead but installation process is stuck at "Starting Windows" (as shown above in screenshots).:(:confused:

What could be the issue? is it related to hardware/motherboard issues because of which Windows is unable to process the installation?

Note: The Windows 7 image source is original and it is perfectly bootable. I have used it to install on other machines without any problem.

help me please.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
maybe something in the bios settings. i had almost the same problems after i buyed this laptop with win8. Wanted to install win7 until i figoured out i need to change bios settings from safeboot and fastboot to disable both.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing for sure is either on the bootable CD/DVD or USB as sometimes scratches or dirt cause to make it slowdown on the process. ;) Try to conduct a new one which is clean and observe the possible differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.