Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Owners of Android devices who have the WhatsApp Messenger application installed should be aware of a new exploit spreading through the software, called Priyanka.

Apparently, the virus / exploit doesn’t actually harm Android devices, but it is very annoying, especially since it changes all contact names in WhatsApp to Priyanka.

However, it should be noted that the exploit does not spread on its own, and that users will need to accept it to be added to their contacts list, as AndroidSoul explains.

Read More

This one is funny. :D
Again, common sense is the prevention of an infection on Android, so no need to care about them. :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Never even heard of the app in the first place.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
McLovin said:
Never even heard of the app in the first place.

What?!

fl8z2f.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You've not heard of WhatsApp!? No joke, I've known about this program since last year. But I've only started using it this week (hence the new phone).

The first year is free, but after that you have to pay a small fee.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Haha, no I haven't. I don't tend to go and install the latest apps. I mainly install the apps I need and use, i.e, Trend Micro Opera Mobile, Direct Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.