Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has released its Patch Tuesday update for Windows 11 23H2 and 22H2 (KB5034123). It's the same KB update for both versions of Windows but depending on which version you have, you'll land on a different Build number, either 22621.3007 or 22631.3007.

Highlights​

• This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.

Windows 11, version 23H2​

This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
  • This build includes all the improvements in Windows 11, version 22H2.
  • No additional issues are documented for this release.

Windows 11, version 22H2​

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5033375 (released December 12, 2023). When you install this KB:
  • This update addresses an issue that causes your device to shut down after 60 seconds. This occurs when you use a smart card to authenticate on a remote system.
  • This update addresses an issue that affects the display of a smart card icon. The icon does not appear when you sign in. This occurs when there are multiple certificates on the smart card.
  • This update addresses a known issue that might affect some Wi-Fi adapters. They might not connect to some networks. This might occur after you install KB5032288 or KB5033375. This issue is more likely to occur if the Wi-Fi networks use 802.1x to authenticate. It is not likely that home networks will have this issue.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new updates contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.
For more information about security vulnerabilities, please refer to the Security Update Guide website and the January 2024 Security Updates.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
KB5034123: Microsoft fixes Windows 11 Wi-Fi not showing/connecting bugs
Microsoft also confirmed Wi-Fi-related problems that were a consequence of a recent buggy Windows update. After the update was pushed, some universities began to publish advisories on how to remove the update when the issue was confirmed by their IT teams.

If you are wondering what kind of problems users were facing, the Wi-Fi icon would either disappear from the taskbar and turn off automatically or some of the networks in range would fail to connect with the classic "can't connect to this network" message.
Now with the latest Windows 11 Patch Tuesday update for versions 22H2 and 23H2 (KB5034123), Microsoft has noted the following change:
"This update addresses a known issue that might affect some Wi-Fi adapters. They might not connect to some networks. This might occur after you install KB5032288 or KB5033375. This issue is more likely to occur if the Wi-Fi networks use 802.1x to authenticate. It is not likely that home networks will have this issue."

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Ah so that might have been related to the Wifi issues I was having last night though I do still need to put my cordless landline and router in separate places, when I find that long telephone cable I remember once having.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.