Advice Request Xvirus ?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I am wondering if Xvirus is still being developed. Have not heard from the Dev in a long time. The web site is still being blocked by Malwarebytes

@Dani Santos looks like visited MT today, he wrote at Dec 17, 2021 about new version of Xvirus:
I still don't have a proper date for the next version but it won't be this year for sure.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
I am wondering if Xvirus is still being developed. Have not heard from the Dev in a long time. The web site is still being blocked by Malwarebytes

Yes.

For the Xvirus Firewall beta, the UI and engine are fully done (including the new XvirusAI), i only need to finish the new installer and Im also working on replacing electron with tauri which is now in release candidate thats why I've been waiting a little longer for full release of tauri, but it seems stable enough for a beta for now.

I'm also working with Opswat on the new Xvirus SDK they are integrating on metadefender, which stole dev time of Xvirus Firewall.

Once it's done i'll resume working on Xvirus Firewall and i'll let you know here once beta is out.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Yes.

For the Xvirus Firewall beta, the UI and engine are fully done (including the new XvirusAI), i only need to finish the new installer and Im also working on replacing electron with tauri which is now in release candidate thats why I've been waiting a little longer for full release of tauri, but it seems stable enough for a beta for now.

I'm also working with Opswat on the new Xvirus SDK they are integrating on metadefender, which stole dev time of Xvirus Firewall.

Once it's done i'll resume working on Xvirus Firewall and i'll let you know here once beta is out.
Ok sounds good and still waiting :whistle:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Ok sounds good and still waiting :whistle:
I could provide the current version im working on so you can try it right now and give feedback but it has:
- no installer, uninstaller
- does not run on startup
- settings wont work
- no auto updates
- probably bugs

It has:
- network monitor
- firewall engine
- real time protection
- AI engine
- UI is 99% done

Would that be fine?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.