Searchcompletion.com is a web search engine which is being promoted via other free programs and once installed on your computer, will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Searchcompletion.com got on your computer after you have installed another free software or add-on that had bundled into their installer this browser hijacker.
For example, when you install vShare plugin,Searchcompletion.com will install its toolbar, set your browser homepage to home.searchcompletioncom and change your default search engine to search.searchcompletion.com.However, when you uninstall vShare from your computer, your web browser’s default settings will not be restored. This means that you have to remove Searchcompletion.com or searchcompletion.com from your favorite web browser manually.
You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Remove home.searchcompletion.com.com and searchcompletion.com Toolbar from your browser
STEP 1 : Uninstall Searchcompletion.com from your computer
Searchcompletion.com has installed a program called Complitly on your computer, which we will need to uninstall.
- To uninstall Complitly program from your computer, click the Start button, then select Control Panel, and click on Uninstall a program. (Add or Remove Programs for Windows XP)
- Search and uninstall Complitly program from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers this program might be renamed, if you can’t find Complitly on your list,then carefully look for any suspicious program and uninstall it from your computer.
STEP 2 : Remove the Searchcompletion.com residual damage from your browser
Remove Searchcompletion.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and click again on Internet Options.
- Now in the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section. Click Reset again in the information dialog box.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer again.
Remove Searchcompletion.com from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window) and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open. That’s it – you’re done!
Remove Searchcompletion.com from Google Chrome
- Remove Searchcompletion.com extensions from Google Chrome.
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar, select Tools and then click on Extensions.In the Extensions tab, remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Searchcompletion.com extension from your computer.
Please keep in mind that on some computers, this program might have added a different named extension (YouTube Downloader Toolbar, WXDownloadFast, PDF Source Forge Toolbar, IObit toolbar, StartNow Toolbar or RewardsArcade,New Tab), so if you can’t find Searchcompletion.com on your list, then carefully look for any suspicious program and remove it from your Google Chrome.
- Replace the Searchcompletion.com with Google as default search engine.
Click the Chrome menu , then select Settings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
Select Searchcompletion.com from the list and click the X that appears at the end of the row, then select Google (Default) from the list and make it your default search engine.
- Set Google Chrome to open your favorite web page at startup.
Searchcompletion.com has modified your Google settings to open their webpage whenever you start your browser, so we will need to revert this change.
Click the Chrome menu , then select Settings and click on One the New Tab page in the On Startup section.
STEP 3: Remove Searchcompletion.com registry keys with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility, close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete, then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT, double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall, then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 4: Run a computer scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free from the below link, then double click on it to install this program.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process.
DO NOT make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked, then click on the Finish button.
- On the Scanner tab, select Perform quick scan and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer as shown below.
- When the Malwarebytes scan will be completed, click on Show Result.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.
Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.