Searchcore.net is an adware program that has changed your browser home page and default search engine to searchcore.net.
Whenever your are doing a search on Searchcore.net,it will display on the first search results their own ads and redirect you to affiliate web page from where the cyber criminals get a revenue in return.
Searchcore.net is also a tracking website that allows its authors to monitor your interestes, gather search terms, search volume and other information that could be valuable for ad networks.
Whenever you do a Google search,if your computer is infected with this adware program,it will first go to a Searchcore.net page and only after submiting to the site owner your search terms,will load the Google page.Most of the users aren’t aware of the Searchcore.net redirect because the website loads very fast, and then redirects the user to the Google coresponding page.
Searchcore.net got on your computer after you have installed another program that had bundled in their installer this program.You should always pay attention when installing software because often, a software installer includes optional installs, such as this Searchcore.net.Be very careful what you agree to install. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that is not familiar, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust.
Searchcore.net – Virus Removal Instructions
STEP 2 : Remove the Searchcore.net redirect from your browser
Remove Searchcore.net from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer,then click on the gear icon (Tools for Windows XP users) at the top (far right) and click again on Internet Options.
- Now in the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- In the Reset Internet Explorer settings section. Click Reset again in the information dialog box.
- When Internet Explorer finishes resetting, click Close in the confirmation dialogue box and then click OK.
- Close and open Internet Explorer again.
Remove Searchcore.net from Mozilla Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu (on Windows XP, click the Help menu at the top of the Firefox window) and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close and be reset. When it’s done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open. That’s it – you’re done!
Remove Searchcore.net from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar,select Tools and then click on Extensions.
In the Extensions tab,remove (by clicking on the Recycle Bin) the Searchcore extension and any of the following extensions:
Online HD TV
- Replace Searchcore.net search with Google as default search engine.
Click the Chrome menu ,then select Setttings and click on Manage search engines in the Search section.
Select Searchcore.net from the list and click the X that appears at the end of the row, then select Google (Default) from the list and make it your default search engine.
STEP 2: Remove Searchcore.net from Internet Explorer,Firefox and Google Chrome with AdwCleaner.
- You can download AdwCleaner from the below link.
ADWCLEANER DOWNLAOD LINK (This link will automatically download AdwCleaner on your computer)
- Before starting this utility,close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Delete,then confirm each time with Ok.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- NEXT,double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Uninstall,then confirm with yes to remove this utility from your computer.
STEP 2: Remove Searchcore.net files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE
- Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE.
MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)
- Start the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setupfile.
- When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the setup process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button. If Malwarebytes’ prompts you to reboot, please do not do so.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start and you’ll be prompted to start a trial period , please select ‘Decline‘ as we just want to use the on-demand scanner.
- On the Scanner tab,select Perform full scan and then click on the Scanbutton to start scanning your computer.
- Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will now start scanning your computer for Searchcore.net malicious files as shown below.
- When the scan is finished a message box will appear, click OK to continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen showing you the malware infections that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has detected.Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.Make sure that everything is Checked (ticked) and click on the Remove Selected button.
STEP 3: Double check your system for any left over infections with HitmanPro
- Download the latest version of HitmanPro from the below link.
HITMANPRO DOWNLOAD LINK (This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download HitmanPro)
- Double click on the previously downloaded file to start the HitmanPro installation.
- Click on Next to install HitmanPro on your system.
- The setup screen is displayed, from which you can decide whether you wish to install HitmanPro on your machine or just perform a one-time scan, select a option then click on Next to start a system scan.
- HitmanPro will start scanning your system for malicious files as seen in the image below.
- Once the scan is complete,you’ll see a screen which will display all the malicious files that the program has found.Click on Nextto remove this malicious files.
- Click Activate free license to start the free 30 days trial and remove the malicious files.