Advice Request after norton where should i go

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

which should i choose

• Norton

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • ZoneAlarm

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • F-secure

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • McAfee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trend Micro

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Recommend another AV

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I wonder why here are no McAfee supporters at all? After all it's not so bad and maybe even good, I have too little experience with it.
It’s not amazing. They were supposed to release a completely re-written version, not sure if it’s out yet. For basic usage it does the job but nothing better can be said about it.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have used almost all the antivirus on the market and my worst experience was with Norton (it was in 2000) it surely would have improved but I will never use Norton again
Norton has improved a lot over the last twenty plus years. It provides very good protection, while being very light. There was a point in time when Norton was very heavy, but those days are long gone.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I agree about Eset, but I'm confused when you say that about Norton. I had the impression that it was in the good end.
fwiw, Norton good on my win10_vm, but Eset Premium broke my win10 firewall and I had to "reinstall" OS to fix it, Eset support on this issue was all over the place with misinformation (& I had been a user of Nod32 for years, but not now).

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I have used almost all the antivirus on the market and my worst experience was with Norton (it was in 2000) it surely would have improved but I will never use Norton again
He is still living "Back to the Future" Norton is one of the lightest AV around with top tier protection. 23 years ago..... Do you still wear your High heel shoes ?
Just joking... just dont talk non sense ok !

Last edited:

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
He is still living "Back to the Future" Norton is one of the lightest AV around with top tier protection. 23 years ago..... Do you still wear your High heel shoes ?
Just joking... just dont talk non sense ok !
Imagine that you buy a car from a Ford brand, for example, and it always breaks down. Would you buy a car from that brand again? I think the answer is no, you would buy a different brand.
well something similar happened to me with Norton:)

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Imagine that you buy a car from a Ford brand, for example, and it always breaks down. Would you buy a car from that brand again? I think the answer is no, you would buy a different brand.
Would you rather trust the judgement of an infant or a 20 year old adult?

What he is trying to point out is that 20 years ago, that software was young and still developing, and has changed quite a bit in two decades and is much better now. Just as buying a ford car two decades ago as opposed to now would have different ramifications as opposed to back then.

micasayyo

Level 3
Jan 31, 2022
Would you rather trust the judgement of an infant or a 20 year old adult?

What he is trying to point out is that 20 years ago, that software was young and still developing, and has changed quite a bit in two decades and is much better now. Just as buying a ford car two decades ago as opposed to now would have different ramifications as opposed to back then.
There is a proverb in my country that says:
"Man is the only animal that stumbles twice over the same stone."
Not that in my case, stumbling once is enough:)

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Norton began to heavily listen to user feedback around the 2010's, it's why some may consider it to be industry-leading. That's not to say Norton does not make controversial choices.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016

I had exactly the same thoughts about Norton. It's MT that have opened my eyes. It was terrible in 2000.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I had exactly the same thoughts about Norton. It's MT that have opened my eyes. It was terrible in 2000.
Nothing heavy anymore, light as a feather moving on a winter breeze. And the detection rate is great.

1697793999219.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.