Linux distro for install alongside Windows

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
show me reputable statistics with real numbers, not a click-bait YouTube videos. ;)
That's the whole point, there is none and I am not your teacher to hold your hand. Use the search function on your PC.

Last edited:

lokamoka820

Level 3
Mar 1, 2024
That's the whole point, there is none and I am not your teacher to hold your hand. Use the search function on your PC.
I don't need your help, I am 100% sure that Fedora is JUST a testing bed for RedHat and nothing more, I am asking you to prove your thoughts, Fedora Fan Boy.

JustInTime

Level 2
Feb 21, 2022
I would suggest OpenSuse for Windows users worked really well for me dual boot even with nvidia card laptop. It has YAST which is like Control Panel in windows. Plus it doesn't do any funky stuff with themes and personalisation.

Reactions: lokamoka820

lokamoka820

Level 3
Mar 1, 2024
I would suggest OpenSuse for Windows users worked really well for me dual boot even with nvidia card laptop. It has YAST which is like Control Panel in windows. Plus it doesn't do any funky stuff with themes and personalisation.
OpenSUSE was my favorite distro before Debian, it is the most complete distro for me, but sadly they will change to a new route soon(openSUSE Slowroll), so I don't know how it will do, but I am keeping my eyes on it, hope it be as good as openSUSE Leap or better.

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I don't need your help, I am 100% sure that Fedora is JUST a testing bed for RedHat and nothing more, I am asking you to prove your thoughts, Fedora Fan Boy.
You have taken the help of distrowatch to prove that your fav distro is on top of the world. The fact is distrowatch is just measuring the pagehits to each distro website without considering the iso download number or real installation count. Thei top distro "MX Linux " has 2488 page hits, so does it mean mx has only 2488 users? Are you living under a rock or something?
I have never said Fedora is not the test bed of rhel. Even if it is so, what is wrong with it? If you don't know, Fedora has a separate beta cycle called Fedora rawhide and they test everything there and the stable ones gets pushed to the normal release just like every other Linux distros do. I am not a fanboy of any distro, I have used most distros and I use what I want to use and I will promote what I find useful and interesting to other fellow members here. That's my line of thinking.
Oh and you are asking me to prove my point, but now I feel it's pointless to argue if the other person is unable to understand the crux. So no more arguments with you.

F

ForgottenSeer 109138

No need to argue over this gentleman.

I personally use Debian, but have not recommend it here for reason. Even though Ubuntu/Mint is built on Debian.

Ubuntu focuses on GUI and ease of use, which for users coming from windows and or beginers that are not interested in learning command line is a great choice. It's the perfect starting point with the largest community to turn to for help and guidance as well as the largest repository. Many things such as taking care of proprietary drivers, proprietary software which Debian doesn't, such as media codecs which Ubuntu asks the user about during the install makes this a better option for those just starting out.

Once a users gains understanding of Linux, they can graduate to more diverse distros.

lokamoka820

Level 3
Mar 1, 2024
You have taken the help of distrowatch to prove that your fav distro is on top of the world. The fact is distrowatch is just measuring the pagehits to each distro website without considering the iso download number or real installation count. Thei top distro "MX Linux " has 2488 page hits, so does it mean mx has only 2488 users? Are you living under a rock or something?
I have never said Fedora is not the test bed of rhel. Even if it is so, what is wrong with it? If you don't know, Fedora has a separate beta cycle called Fedora rawhide and they test everything there and the stable ones gets pushed to the normal release just like every other Linux distros do. I am not a fanboy of any distro, I have used most distros and I use what I want to use and I will promote what I find useful and interesting to other fellow members here. That's my line of thinking.
Oh and you are asking me to prove my point, but now I feel it's pointless to argue if the other person is unable to understand the crux. So no more arguments with you.
As you mentioned it is all about personal experience. I tried every famous and major Linux distro to find the one that fit my needs best, for me it was Debian. After that when I try a new distro I always ask my self what it can give me more than Debian. For me personally I prefer .dep packages and comfortable with APT commands. I liked the concepts of Fedora project, but in reality it didn't give me something over Debian to make me convert. And remember: Linux About Choices.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.