Poll What Browser(s) are you using in 2024?

What Browser(s) are you using in 2024?

• Chrome

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Firefox

Votes: 35 44.9%
  • Edge

Votes: 33 42.3%
  • Brave

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ungoogled Chromium

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Floorp

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Librewolf

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Tor

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Waterfox

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Vivaldi

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Pale Moon

• Opera GX

• Epic

• Other

• Total voters

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
Appreciate both you and SeriousHoax, It's one more extension I can eliminate, my objective is to simplify always. Thank you.

Same with me. With what I posted above, I was able to get rid of Dark Reader completely. I won't keep harping in it, but that is the one thing that anything Chrome has on Firefox; their built-in color management simply works well. Firefox's colors do not. That's the one thing that keeps me using Vivaldi.

Last edited:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
FireFox is still number 1 for me but there is still plenty of room for improvements.

I don't know how MS is getting away with bundling Edge in Windows in 2024! I stopped using Edge completely and blocked
it and Bing with 3rd party Apps.

Edge is actually a very good browser overall but I don't agree with Microsoft's anti- competitive practices.

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
When I use Windows, I use Brave and god forbid it, Edge. Esets browser security and privacy work best with Edge. If not I would only use Brave. Macbook just Safari. I have stopped using Orion, because I don't need 2 browsers. I wish I could use Safari in Windows. #¤%&5 👍

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Firefox primarily. Edge just freezes randomly on my maching i5-12500H 12th gen with 16gig ram and Intel Iris Xe graphics whereas Firefox is almost all of the time responsive. Maybe it's a setting in Edge I need to change.
Occasionally Comodo Dragon (Chromium) to test the release and needed if using Comodo Secure Shopping. I'd use it full time as it's quick but need to find the right dark mode theeme.
Time to figure out what's going on with my Edge.

Reactions: Nevi and SpiderWeb

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
Firefox is my default with Chromium as a secondary backup browser. This is in Linux Mint. I don't use Windows or Edge. I gave MS several chances over the last year but have really come to the conclusion MS is not to be trusted.

C.H.

blackice

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Consider yourself lucky. I unpinned it from my taskbar long ago. MS has ruined it completely for me.
Honestly I stay for the tab syncing and ad blocking on iOS. I really like Firefox and their tab syncing is premium, but they have a few quirks on iOS that are annoying. I filed a bug report, but they didn’t check it fully and just said ‘works for me’. I may just go back to safari iOS and Chrome PC and sync with iCloud, but that’s a pain.

Reactions: oldschool

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
Honestly I stay for the tab syncing and ad blocking on iOS. I really like Firefox and their tab syncing is premium, but they have a few quirks on iOS that are annoying. I filed a bug report, but they didn’t check it fully and just said ‘works for me’. I may just go back to safari iOS and Chrome PC and sync with iCloud, but that’s a pain.
You do know Safari is just as private as Firefox? If you try Safari, please let me know what you think about it now. Thanks.

blackice

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You do know Safari is just as private as Firefox? If you try Safari, please let me know what you think about it now. Thanks.
Yes, the problem is tab syncing with my PC. I go back and forth a lot.

I like safari fine on iOS. It just works and it’s smooth and you get extensions.

Edit: I should say tab and bookmark syncing. I find it very useful to pick up where I left off or want to return to no matter what device I have available.

• +Reputation
Reactions: Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.