Home EDR SentinelOne

SpiderWeb

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2020
They cover only malware though and mostly through machine learning. There are more complete solutions out there, even from the home-oriented market.
Do you mind providing examples of alternatives? This is the first EDR solution I have seenthat doesn't seem to be on some shady site.

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

Victor M

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Try Xcitium ( Comodo Biz Product ) This page says it's free. But I pay $8/month postpaid. If you remove your machines from the portal, you don't incur charges. But the portal is where you see the intrusions. Auto-Containment; with rules. HIP, with rules. Very configurable.

Reactions: Zero Knowledge

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
There has always been vendors selling next gen AV through backdoor methods, I bought Cylance back in the day from such a vendor, installed it once then uninstalled it. Problem is it's probably a managed solution. You don't have control over settings and honestly do you trust some random vendor on the internet? I'm curious about SentielOne (& CrowdStrike) but my guess is that it's a watered down version that is managed by 1 person who manages every SentinelOne home license & who knows what access they have or data they can steal..

Emsisoft Business and Emsisoft Enterprise
emsisoft.com
Maybe 10 years ago... In the past I could recommend Emsisoft but now I don't even consider it as top tier solution or in my top 10 solutions. Sadly it's become irrelevant. The moment they started removing discounts for current users was the sign all was not weel.

NormanF

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
This is a question Trident might not be able to answer but what's the function of managed detection and response and how does it differ from EDR. I mean with products like Huntress, SI, Blackpoint, Red Canary, ArcticWolf, etc.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.