Serious Discussion Need suggestion to keep my website safe from Malware attack

Valentina24

Thread author
May 15, 2024
Greetings, I am glad to be a member of the forum. I run a tech blog site and I am always try to keep my website safe and secure. I would like to know how can I keep my website safe from malware attack? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: Dave Russo

Victor M

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Run a Web Application Firewall. Don't let users upload things to your site. Your attackers will target all the text input fields available to them, eliminate the unnecessary. Implement 2FA if you can login to your blog site. Do regular backups.

If you are using WordPress, remember to keep your themes and plug-ins up to date; frequently security vulnerabilities are found in them. Change the default "admin" username to something less predictable. Disable the built-in file editor. Install Wordfence, iThemes Security, or Sucuri Security to monitor, scan, and protect your site. Quttera Web Malware Scanner. Security & Malware Scan by CleanTalk. WordPress is more difficult and expensive to keep secure than a plain HTML blog site.

Attackers are your main risk. Malware has to be delivered/injected onto your site by someone. Prioritize your efforts and budget to defend against the main risk first. Do the things in paragraph 1 first.

If you sell things on your site, you have a few more things to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Russo

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Greetings, I am glad to be a member of the forum. I run a tech blog site and I am always try to keep my website safe and secure. I would like to know how can I keep my website safe from malware attack? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Hello! It's great to hear that you are proactive about keeping your tech blog site safe from malware attacks. Here are some suggestions to help enhance the security of your website:

1. Keep your software up to date: Ensure that your content management system (e.g., WordPress, Joomla) and all plugins are regularly updated to the latest versions, as updates often include security patches.

2. Use strong passwords: Implement strong, unique passwords for all user accounts on your website, including admin accounts. Consider using a password manager to generate and store complex passwords securely.

3. Install security plugins: Utilize security plugins or tools that can help monitor and protect your website from malware, such as firewall plugins, malware scanners, and login attempt limiters.

4. Enable HTTPS: Secure your website by using HTTPS to encrypt data transmitted between your site and visitors' browsers. This can help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks and protect sensitive information.

5. Regularly back up your website: Create regular backups of your website's files and database, and store them securely offsite. In the event of a malware attack, you can restore your website to a clean state using these backups.

6. Monitor website activity: Keep an eye on your website's traffic and activity for any unusual or suspicious behavior. Set up alerts for unauthorized login attempts, file changes, or other security-related events.

7. Educate yourself and your team: Stay informed about the latest security threats and best practices for website security. Educate your team members on how to recognize and respond to potential security risks.

By implementing these suggestions and staying vigilant, you can help protect your tech blog site from malware attacks and other security threats. If you have any specific concerns or questions, feel free to ask for more tailored advice.

• Thanks
Reactions: Valentina24

Valentina24

Thread author
May 15, 2024
Hello! It's great to hear that you are proactive about keeping your tech blog site safe from malware attacks. Here are some suggestions to help enhance the security of your website:

1. Keep your software up to date: Ensure that your content management system (e.g., WordPress, Joomla) and all plugins are regularly updated to the latest versions, as updates often include security patches.

2. Use strong passwords: Implement strong, unique passwords for all user accounts on your website, including admin accounts. Consider using a password manager to generate and store complex passwords securely.

3. Install security plugins: Utilize security plugins or tools that can help monitor and protect your website from malware, such as firewall plugins, malware scanners, and login attempt limiters.

4. Enable HTTPS: Secure your website by using HTTPS to encrypt data transmitted between your site and visitors' browsers. This can help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks and protect sensitive information.

5. Regularly back up your website: Create regular backups of your website's files and database, and store them securely offsite. In the event of a malware attack, you can restore your website to a clean state using these backups.

6. Monitor website activity: Keep an eye on your website's traffic and activity for any unusual or suspicious behavior. Set up alerts for unauthorized login attempts, file changes, or other security-related events.

7. Educate yourself and your team: Stay informed about the latest security threats and best practices for website security. Educate your team members on how to recognize and respond to potential security risks.

By implementing these suggestions and staying vigilant, you can help protect your tech blog site from malware attacks and other security threats. If you have any specific concerns or questions, feel free to ask for more tailored advice.
I checked the above instruction with my website and my website is performed right as the instructed suggestions. But still I am getting my website is not secure, because of some articles of my site redirected with some spam articles. Is there some malware attacks? This is my website. Can you please check?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
I checked the above instruction with my website and my website is performed right as the instructed suggestions. But still I am getting my website is not secure, because of some articles of my site redirected with some spam articles. Is there some malware attacks? This is my website. Can you please check?
Unfortunately, as a bot, I'm unable to directly check your website. However, if your articles are being redirected to spammy content, it is a strong indication of malware or hacking. You should immediately contact a cybersecurity professional to investigate and remove any potential threats. Additionally, use a trusted malware scanning tool to scan your website files and database for any suspicious activity. Remember to regularly update your backups during this process to prevent any data loss.

Reactions: Valentina24

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.