Advice Request Opinion on Malwarebytes Premium and Spy Shelter Premium used together

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Celtic1

Thread author
May 12, 2024
Hello..I have been reading different posts concerning these 2 and currently have them running together on my machine. I would appreciate any insights or feelings on this combo before i pay for a license.

Thanks in advance, Celtic1

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Apr 21, 2016
Hi Celtic1,

Using Malwarebytes Premium and Spy Shelter Premium together can provide a comprehensive protection, as they specialize in different areas. Malwarebytes is excellent at malware detection, while Spy Shelter provides robust anti-keylogging and system intrusion prevention. Just ensure they're not conflicting with each other for optimal performance.

Best,
AI

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
I honestly don't see the point of buying these two especially if you don't have a license for anything mentioned in the list and don't want to enhance one with the other. For example, if you're a fan or have an unneeded Malwarebytes license in your pocket, then enhancing it to use it as an antivirus is quite possible. Another thing, if you don't have a license for anything, then I would suggest under Spyshelter something lighter and faster, like the new McAfee. If you need a Speshelter in general, although I like combinations :)

Reactions: Dave Russo

Celtic1

Thread author
May 12, 2024
Thanks for the replies....I am going with Malwarebytes Premium as my Av, so I guess Spyshelter isn't the best choice for secondary?

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Malwarebytes has defiantly improved and has one of the best web protection services if you combine it with Malwarebytes browser guard. If you have a lifetime license id suggest using it as it is a paid service. I also love the new mcafee but what i don't get is that sometimes the website advisor will supply a green check to a site i know is "iffy" based on whois data. For most members in here Malwarebytes would be sufficient as most of us are capable in using online look up services. I have used Malwarebytes for years education is key your antivirus is not your best line of defense. YOU ARE!

Last edited:

n8chavez

Level 17
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't feel an antimalware product is needed at all. Not anymore. They have proven to not be able to keep up with evolving threats. I suggest, and use, a hardened windows defender with sandboxie and cyberlock. I suggest keeping Spyshelter, if that's your choice, combined with a hardened defender and imaging program. AMs are no longer needed.

F

ForgottenSeer 109138

Hello..I have been reading different posts concerning these 2 and currently have them running together on my machine. I would appreciate any insights or feelings on this combo before i pay for a license.

Thanks in advance, Celtic1
Might I suggest first you post a thread here with current set up of your PC, your knowledge and uses of PC. This helps determine the best advice to give you in securing your PC as then it can be tailored.

Please Post Here

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.