Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
Hello everyone.
It seems Qihoo 360 products has a lot of bugs lately and i explain what i mean:

INTERNET SECURITY:
- Real time protection seems to work good AFTER 2-3 system restart.
- I've test 360IS with sandboxie or browser in Comodo sandbox and it doesn't detect anything (only on demand scan)
- Web protection doesn't work on Mozilla or Mozilla based browsers.
- Removal speed is very slow and guess what..........during removal there is a possibility to get BSOD!!!
360 IS detected all samples but I got my first BSOD when i was trying to remove those samples found here:
http://malwaretips.com/threads/expl...ped-files-2015-02-24.42775/page-2#post-353653

TOTAL SECURITY:
King of bugs
- I've test it with sandboxie or browser in Comodo sandbox and it doesn't detect anything (only on demand scan)
- Web protection doesn't work on Mozilla or Mozilla based browsers.
- Everytime i wanted to add a program to whitelist or open the sandbox window to erase active programs Total Security was stop responding
- Memory usage was stuck on 200 - 240MB (with BD engine active only)
- Be careful of ''system optimization'' tool as it found windows system restore unnecessary and it prompt me to disable.......

Until all these fixed i will use another Vendor.

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
I really do not see why people bother with Qihoo, when ever they release a new version it's full of bugs - my friend was using it he had multiple BSOD's, they stopped after he removed it. Terrible software!
That does not make it to a terrible software. Every software have bugs,so qihoo too. Maybe something just had a conflict with qihoo thats why ur friend get a bsod. i used it over 7 month now on 1 machine and i have no bugs from them mentored,firefox plugin works too for me. its not the software that is so buggy,its the system thats not clean or some software are just simply not compatible. Qihoo is still one of the best free solutions out there.

Reactions: bitbizket

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I have used Kaspersky for approx 4yrs and have never had a single issue, nor come across any bugs, but you search Google and on many forums and Qihoo is full of them. Why release versions ever few weeks when you expect the new version to have removed the previous bugs present, in most cases they do not, so for me I think it's total crap - just release a new update every 3-4 months and make sure it's thoroughly tested.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The System Optimization function of Qihoo TS doesn't allow the shutting off of System Restore- if you note, Mike, it is asking you only if you want to continue to allow the Nightly running of S. Restore as a scheduled task (System Restore stays on and will function as usual).

Also, I've been using (and heavily testing) Qihoo TS since its inception. and it detects malware within the Comodo sandbox quite well for me.

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
The System Optimization function of Qihoo TS doesn't allow the shutting off of System Restore- if you note, Mike, it is asking you only if you want to continue to allow the Nightly running of S. Restore as a scheduled task (System Restore stays on and will function as usual).

Also, I've been using (and heavily testing) Qihoo TS since its inception. and it detects malware within the Comodo sandbox quite well for me.

Thank you for the answer.
In my windows 7 x64 bit and adding Internet Explorer or Cyberfox (mozzilla based) to comodo sandbox or sandboxie and going to malware sites to download samples i saw not even 1 detection. ONLY when i scanned the files (on demand) then 360 IS or TS start to detect.

On the other hand Eset and Avast work like a charm even if the browser is in Sandboxie or Comodo Sandbox.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Its fixed some time ago and it was not a bug,Qihoo simply dont had this funktion until than.
I tried it last week - it doesn't offer protection in a non-administrator account. After surfing 10 min. or so, up pops a message saying you are not protected.:mad:

Reactions: Tony Cole

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Real time protection seems to work good AFTER 2-3 system restart.
generally it works normal after install however some times real time protection doesnt work as expected even after restart, you may find problems with the explorer shell also

Web protection doesn't work on Mozilla or Mozilla based browsers.
it is not intended to work there, qihoo doesnt support other browser rather than IE and chrome (only TS)

Removal speed is very slow and guess what..........during removal there is a possibility to get BSOD!!!
weird.. qihoo is very fast at removing malware...

Memory usage was stuck on 200 - 240MB (with BD engine active only)
it is normal due to the fact that qihoo loads bitdefender engine in memory which is about 200 mb in disk (the same would happen to emsi if optimization fo memory is not checked) with avira enabled is worst.. but if you only enable avira it would load aprox 80-90 mb

Be careful of ''system optimization'' tool as it found windows system restore unnecessary and it prompt me to disable.......

also with the updates... here is a critical point microsoft strongly suggest that we must use windows build in system (only they know what to do) even if windows shows an update status qihoo offers you more

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
1. @FreddyFreeloader 360 TS has included support for multiple users and non-administrator users since version v 6.0.0.1124. Changelog here

2. @techienerd1 & vindiesel I downloaded and scanned both TeamViewer and Winrar, and it doesn't detect any of them as suspicious or malware. Although I've only Avira engine enabled.
EEsuAzZ.png

3. Using just Avira engine, my memory usage is just 40MB. Using Avira engine will give you lesser false positives and lowers system impact, compared to BitDefender.
alKX65d.png

4. @Tony Cole Here's some of the results from Google about Kaspersky BSOD's and people complaining about them. Conflicts with other softwares on the system may cause BSOD's and not the product itself. It's not easy to find the root cause of the problem, unless the error message in BSOD directs at Qihoo.

5. @MikeV It's useless to install Qihoo in Sandboxie and test it out, as it denies loading of it's drivers. Next time install it on your system and try it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiric96

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I disagree. If after each patch/upgrade is released and the same bug(s) are present (just with Comodo) then why bother releasing the update before it has been thoroughly tested?

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
it is not intended to work there, qihoo doesnt support other browser rather than IE and chrome (only TS)

And the answer is:
mHepGLg.jpg

it is normal due to the fact that qihoo loads bitdefender engine in memory which is about 200 mb in disk (the same would happen to emsi if optimization fo memory is not checked) with avira enabled is worst.. but if you only enable avira it would load aprox 80-90 mb

And again the answer is (360 Internet Security + Bitdefender engine active):

QO4JlP8.png

MikeV

Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 9, 2013
5. @MikeV It's useless to install Qihoo in Sandboxie and test it out, as it denies loading of it's drivers. Next time install it on your system and try it again.

Both 360 IS or TS installed on my main machine, only the browser was sandboxed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.