360 Total Security - Cleanup & SpeadUp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Qihoo disabled some of System Services for speedup process.

Are Qihoo Cleanup & Speedup feature are reliable.

Should i clean up these files.
NWGW5zJ.png

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
It seems like it would be because I deleted them and nothing happened, but do a backup incase something goes wrong later.

Reactions: marg

TRACY POST

Jul 25, 2014
Mr. Explorer I have been using it for about 2 weeks on both laptops. One with windows 8.1 the other with vista. I do a complete look at what others are saying about a product first before downloading. I don't understand how it missed a hack.uacdisablenotify and Trojan.rpl.Genbot now 9-lab got them and removed them. To bad 9-lab didn't show where it was but it is Beta. I know before installing make sure 360 total sercurity have cds or complete system backup on cd because my 1 gig of backup partition is gone and my laptop came with no cds. LOL. I would watch what others like myself post. Glad to be a new member here.

Last edited:

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
looks like the same type of files that can be removed using Wise Care 365 System Slimming

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Greeting,;)

"To bad 9-lab didn't show where it was but it is Beta. I know before installing make sure 360 total sercurity have cds or complete system backup on cd because my 1 gig of backup partition is gone and my laptop came with no cds. LOL. I would watch what others like myself post. Glad to be a new member here."

Let us know about this in the future!:mad:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I never recommend deleting Windows System files, Windows keeps these files because they are necessary to fix program errors, uninstall potential problem Windows Update patches, Windows Installer Packages, etc.

You have been warned, I never delete these files on my system and any maintenance tool should not be able to delete these files either.
Deleting them make your system more unstable, it doesn't improve any performance. It may save some disk space that is all but for a price that you may have serious problems.

Thanks. :D

Reactions: Kent and marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Dosn't 360 TS give you an option of re enabling them? I never have used speedup because my boot time is around 15 seconds.

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
I never recommend deleting Windows System files, Windows keeps these files because they are necessary to fix program errors, uninstall potential problem Windows Update patches, Windows Installer Packages, etc.

You have been warned, I never delete these files on my system and any maintenance tool should not be able to delete these files either.
Deleting them make your system more unstable, it doesn't improve any performance. It may save some disk space that is all but for a price that you may have serious problems.

Thanks. :D

I only do that if I'm sure that my system is stable days after an update. And since my XP no longer have updates that's fine with me.

On the other hand I agree with you specially if the user don't know what he's doing or don't have an idea how to repair Windows after deleting those files

TRACY POST

Jul 25, 2014
I would like to know from people here. Go to windows update and try to download updates after removing 360 total security. Then try to fix it update. If it works fine then 9-lab software is a malware sight. Leave computer on for a couple of hours with nothing open. Also, Most average users are not pros with that being said i would stay away from the system clean up and speed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.