360 Total Security Protection and AdBlock Plus plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys, I'm using since few days 360 TS. I think is a very good AV solution. Just I wanna know from you if the Adblock plus addon with Malware domains list filter enabled in firefox could interfere somehow with the 360 TS plugin and 360 Internet Protection plugin. Can i keep enabled both?
Other questions is: how useful is having both BitDefender and Avira engines activated? This can slow down my pc?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Piteko21
M

MalwareT

Enabling Bitdefender and Avira Engine doesn't slow system down, but it raises memory usage up to 180 MB. I had 360 addon and ABP and i didn't had any issues.

Reactions: Piteko21

Piteko21

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2014
well, I already used and returned to use 360 TS with all activated engines, gives greater power of detection but of course it also has some impact on the system despite not be as significant. also can tell you that I use Wot and Mcafee siteadvisor along with the 360 plug in and not have any conflict, then perhaps your choices did not come into conflict.

Reactions: MalwareT

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
U only need avira/bd engine when u are offline.when ur online u dont need them.The most bd/avira detections are in the Cloud anyway and the cloud is one of the best out there. Only fp is a problem when i have test qihoo.

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
@fantac Do you mean the 360 Webshield Plugin?

These. In the 360 TS settings menu is described as "360 Internet protection"

LUcuG7p.jpg

ZRkQeN8.jpg

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
Enabling Bitdefender and Avira Engine doesn't slow system down, but it raises memory usage up to 180 MB. I had 360 addon and ABP and i didn't had any issues.

You think I can keep just one of them ? Which one?

M

MalwareT

If you want i'd choose Avira,less fp and memory usage is ~140MB.

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
If you want i'd choose Avira,less fp and memory usage is ~140MB.
Thank you.
And what about not to have them enabled? I'd like to know what implies especially when you're OFFLINE and you need to be protected or you need a scan (how the 360 cloud engine works in this situation?).

M

MalwareT

Their cloud engine needs active internet connection so it's pretty weak without BD and Avira engines. If your PC is always online then installing engines is not required.

Reactions: scot

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Any product with a heavily relied on Cloud component probably shouldn't be considered by those without an always on connection.

Reactions: Azure and Kent

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
There could be no conflicts since Adblockers like Adblock have different functions from gathering subscription and blocked those elements invisible.

Actual those engines are signatures and therefore it may increase a bit of resource due to the fact it uses for determining any threats.

But it should not be a case cause if you have large RAM capacity then it should not be the problem.

Reactions: Kent

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
There could be no conflicts since Adblockers like Adblock have different functions from gathering subscription and blocked those elements invisible.

Actual those engines are signatures and therefore it may increase a bit of resource due to the fact it uses for determining any threats.

But it should not be a case cause if you have large RAM capacity then it should not be the problem.

Yep, but Adblock plus have a feature that blocks malwares and malware domains. That's why I'm asking.

fantac

Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2015
In the case Adblock plus and the Internet Protection plugin in TS do much the same thing. What would be the better and more efficient choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.