Ad Blocker... evolution.

L

LabZero

Thread author
Talking about Ads.:D

Honestly, when advertising is well made is good for all parties: the consumer knows new products and the promoter earn..

If advertising is too annoying, the consumer will do anything to avoid it and the promoter will implement countermeasures in order to ensure profit.

We have already seen the consequences: remember you pop-ups? At some point started the Ads pop-up. When the technology was used beyond the limits of common sense, have started to appear the block settings, until all browsers by default have blocked pop-ups.

Well now we're getting the same level of saturation.

Flash animations have appeared.

Then the backgrounds clickable page .

Then the media to start automatically at full volume.

Then ...

And here began to proliferate the Ad Blocker. The promoters of advertising have minimized the phenomenon but now??

You will see that the alternative is to make ad blocking business

To you the conclusions...:rolleyes:

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
I can not imagine a computer without ad blocker. I have come to take Chrome: ublock Origin + Ghostery + AdGuard.

When I visit a page that tells me to turn off my Ad block, I just go to another.
I understand that advertising is a source of money, perhaps only source of income of certain pages, but I do prevail my right to decide what I want in my computer.

I know it's selfish and nothing supportive, but I hate advertising, because it is not an occasional ad. It is an avalanche of advertisements and it saturate me

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I can not imagine a computer without ad blocker. I have come to take Chrome: ublock Origin + Ghostery + AdGuard.

When I visit a page that tells me to turn off my Ad block, I just go to another.
I understand that advertising is a source of money, perhaps only source of income of certain pages, but I do prevail my right to decide what I want in my computer.

I know it's selfish and nothing supportive, but I hate advertising, because it is not an occasional ad. It is an avalanche of advertisements and it saturate me
Well said @Sr. Normal i agree 100% with this. :D

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014

100% truth. Nice post!

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The level of advertisement aggressiveness just got more on the level, adblocker helps a lot of us to ease the browsing as one of the main drawbacks for the influence the performance to surf.

Actually I'm using Edge without any adblocker and felt those unresponsive tabs due to those advertisement loading throughout the page that makes delay process.

If you are one of the PTC (Paid to Click) Ads advocate then you surely need to understand the flow, but for ordinary users then a right to have better productivity.

Reactions: LabZero

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.