Added GUI (Graphical UI) For the Harden Windows Security Module/Script

SpyNetGirl

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Jan 30, 2023
Just updated the Harden Windows Security module and script based on the feedbacks I've received here

1. Toast Notification is now displayed upon completion of operation when using the GUI to operate the Harden Windows Security module and script.
  2. Improved the logging style when using the GUI, both in the log file and the displayed logs on the GUI.
  3. Added a new parameter -OnlyCountryIPBlockingFirewallRules to the Unprotect-WindowsSecurity cmdlet. It allows you to only remove the country IP blocking firewall rules without removing anything else.
  4. Overall code improvements
PR

Last edited:

SpyNetGirl

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Jan 30, 2023
If I had the Pro version of Windows I'd be using this. Well done with the UI :)

Lol everyone has home edition now

No worries, I'm going to enable support for Home edition too and remove it from the requirements list. All Windows editions will be able to use the Harden Windows Security module as much as possible. Next update will have it

Victor M

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Oct 3, 2022
Hi,
without knowing what categories you applied or what that file is I can't know for sure.
If you used the Downloads defense measure to block running files from the downloads folder, that might be the reason you can't run it in downloads folder.
If you used the sub-category that requires anything that needs elevation to Admin to be signed and validated, and if the MSI file doesn't meet that requirement, that's in this category.

I used the harden GUI. And selected everything on the left side.

Reactions: ErzCrz

SpyNetGirl

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Jan 30, 2023
I used the harden GUI. And selected everything on the left side.
I explained it in my previous comment what I suggest you try.
I've written all the necessary info on the ReadMe document with additional links to documents.
All the tools you need are also available, to remove categories, restore settings, selectively run or don't run each category.
I suggest reading what each of them does from the readme before using them.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.