Adguard v6 RC2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hjlbx

So have you got the trial or lifetime license?

The beta version is quite stable and not problematic... unless you enable Stealth Mode. As Performix states, Stealth Mode is still under development and needs refinement.

I've had few problems with it - except when trying to do online banking with Stealth Mode fully activated. My bank does not permit IP address masking.

I recommend Adguard beta or paid to anyone who is looking for a good web-filtering product.

Use the desktop version - and not the browser extension.

If Adguard doesn't work for you, then there is always uBlock Origin.

D

Deleted member 2913

The beta version is quite stable and not problematic... unless you enable Stealth Mode. As Performix states, Stealth Mode is still under development and needs refinement.

I've had few problems with it - except when trying to do online banking with Stealth Mode fully activated. My bank does not permit IP address masking.

I recommend Adguard beta or paid to anyone who is looking for a good web-filtering product.

I like everything except HTTPS filtering & disabling it ads on HTTPS sites will not be blocked. I like the program but I use any program that filters/scan HTTPS either I disable or replace the program.

Reactions: Hangtooth
N

NOLF92

This. I recommend using it with uBlock Origin. While Adguard does an exceptional job blocking trackers/ads, and even sometimes your location/computer information, I do on occasion still get an ad, or popup. And to answer your question, Yesnoo, I have a 1-year license, and if the product continues to improve, I'll pursue a lifetime license.

D

Deleted member 2913

NOLF92, Good you got it. Its a useful & good product.

hjlbx,

How the HTTPS exclusion works?
HTTPS exclusion means sites added will not be filtered, right? I would give Adguard a try if I could exclude my HTTPS sites. I tried couple but the sites still showed Adguard certificate.

Like Personal Banking, Online Banking Services - ICICI Bank
Now the homepage is not HTTPS. If I click Login for personal banking the next page opens is not HTTPS too. When I click Continue to login here the page is HTTPS.
So what should I add in HTTPS exclusion to not filter ICICI Bank site HTTPS links or not filter ICICI at all?

And any info on the version 6 final release?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2913

What are Adguard default settings?

I tried V6 RC.
Adguard Install - Spyware, Social Media & Useful Ads filters are there.
Reset Settings to Defaults - Spyware, Social Media & Useful Ads filters are not there.

And what is the default setting for sites with EV certificates?

H

hjlbx

I like everything except HTTPS filtering & disabling it ads on HTTPS sites will not be blocked. I like the program but I use any program that filters/scan HTTPS either I disable or replace the program.

Most security suites\web-filtering softs use HTTPS filtering via installation of certificate(s) for SSL injection.

If you just want IP address filtering, then there is PeerBlock - but I think the application itself is essentially abandonware.

Or you can import HOSTs files from various sources.

You can also TURN OFF HTTPS filtering in Adguard.

There are only a handful of applications I think worth paying for... Adguard is one of them.

Reactions: Hangtooth and CMLew
D

Deleted member 2913

Most security suites\web-filtering softs use HTTPS filtering via installation of certificate(s) for SSL injection.

If you just want IP address filtering, then there is PeerBlock - but I think the application itself is essentially abandonware.

Or you can import HOSTs files from various sources.

You can also TURN OFF HTTPS filtering in Adguard.

There are only a handful of applications I think worth paying for... Adguard is one of them.
You keep enable HTTPS filtering in Adguard ? And EV certificates option enable too for filtering?

Yesterday I didn't tried EV certificates option. All my banks, etc... use EV certificates so I think this will work for me i.e HTTPS enabled & EV certificates option disabled.

I haven't tried Adguard desktop or browser extension before.
I use uBlock Origin & never had any prob with any sites, etc... Any sites, etc... prob with Adguard desktop?

There is an extension settings in the GUI with 4 options enable extensions, adguard assistant, adguard popup blocker & web of trust. If I disable extensions, all the extensions get disable. Does disabling extensions lowers Adguard protection?

H

hjlbx

You keep enable HTTPS filtering in Adguard ? And EV certificates option enable too for filtering?

Yesterday I didn't tried EV certificates option. All my banks, etc... use EV certificates so I think this will work for me i.e HTTPS enabled & EV certificates option disabled.

I haven't tried Adguard desktop or browser extension before.
I use uBlock Origin & never had any prob with any sites, etc... Any sites, etc... prob with Adguard desktop?

There is an extension settings in the GUI with 4 options enable extensions, adguard assistant, adguard popup blocker & web of trust. If I disable extensions, all the extensions get disable. Does disabling extensions lowers Adguard protection?

I use default settings in Adguard.

For online banking I ran into problem using Stealth Mode fully activated - because it masks IP address; my bank does not permit IP address masking.

By default, Adguard filters HTTPS; you have to disable it.

You can also create HTTPS filtering exclusions.

By default, Adguard does not filter EV certificates; you have to enable it.

D

Deleted member 2913

I use default settings in Adguard.
By default, Adguard does not filter EV certificates; you have to enable it.

Reset settings to defaults & "Do not filter sites with EV certificates" is unchecked.
So by default Adguard filters sites with EV certificates.

H

hjlbx

Reset settings to defaults & "Do not filter sites with EV certificates" is unchecked.
So by default Adguard filters sites with EV certificates.

Adguard v 6 beta does not filter sites with EV certificates by default.

I forgot to mention it is Adguard v 6 beta.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is probably easier to just disable HTTPS filtering rather than making exclusions.I think you will have a better experience with Adguard with HTTPS filtering disabled.
Most definitely one paid program worth paying for.It is probably the best Ad Blocker for Android on a non rooted device as well as a rooted device

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

I meant Adguard V6 RC. Hope Beta you mean RC.
Reset settings to defaults & check.

D

Deleted member 178

it does, the box say " do not filter websiytes with EV..." and is unticked by default.

From ADGuard
Verified
Developer
May 23, 2014
How the HTTPS exclusion works?
HTTPS exclusion means sites added will not be filtered, right? I would give Adguard a try if I could exclude my HTTPS sites.

Yep, that's right.

I tried couple but the sites still showed Adguard certificate.

You may need to restart the browser to make sure that old connections (opened before you've added an exclusion) are closed.

Or if you use Chromium based browser: go to chrome://net-internals/#sockets and click "Close idle sockets" there.

D

Deleted member 2913

Yep, that's right.

You may need to restart the browser to make sure that old connections (opened before you've added an exclusion) are closed.

Or if you use Chromium based browser: go to chrome://net-internals/#sockets and click "Close idle sockets" there.
The HTTPS sites I dont want Adguard to filter all have EV certificates so "Dont filter EV certificates sites" option is good for me.

By the way I replied to your reply to me on Adguard Wizard in Adguard thread at Wilders

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello everybody, I wish to inform you that there have been numerous complaints of BSODs happening between Windows Defender and the new AdGuard 6 BETA - so be aware! If you wish to use AdGuard BETA make sure to use it with another anti-virus so Windows Defender is disabled, or just use AdGuard 5 until 6 is stable. I will update this thread as soon as I find out this issue is fixed :)

Known affected operating systems: Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
BSODs occur more frequently on Windows 10 compared to Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
If you are having problems removing or disabling AdGuard or disabling Windows Defender and still getting BSODs please post this in Troubleshooting Software where one of our amazing members can help you - Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!

Regards,
@Tornado
(previously @Anti-Malware Reviewer)

military

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 13, 2012
On how many I know, the Adguard developers contacted with microsoft, a problem with the programs using the WFP driver.Try to switch-off the WFP driver in Adguard.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.