advanced_skill Config

S

Sr. Normal

Hi @advanced_skill

Let me tell you a few free options that can improve the security of your computer:

Comodo is fine, but I think you need a scanner to demand like Malwarebytes .

I don't see you have a backup program , Aomei standard is a really interesting option .

You also need one second browser, Chrome , Firefox ... which should add the following extensions: LastPass , Https EveryWhere , ublock (or Adblock Plus , or Adguard ) and Ghostery . They will improve your privacy and security online

Thanks for sharing and welcome to our community ... highly addictive

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I suggest that you need a backup and recovery present to your system like making backups with the built in feature on Windows or try third party program like Macrium Reflect alongside of external HDD/USB so that any accident changes may back successfully on working state.

H

hjlbx

Hi advanced_skill,

One glaring weakness of CIS is that it has poor malicious URL blocking. That's OK because you can correct it by importing a URL blacklist on a regular basis.

To find out how go to the Comodo sub-forum here at MT. Search for Umbra Polaris' guide.

Check out the other excellent tutorials.

Back-up: Macrium Reflect free, AX 64 or Comodo Backup. With backup apps there are a lot of quirks so I would research thoroughly.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello & thank you for sharing your configuration with us, advanced_skill.:p
Our fellow members make strong points concerning back up solutions & malicious site blocking. I like @Sr. Normal's recommended extensions. In order to utilize LastPass' encryption security using IE you'll need to download the LastPass Universal Windows installer by <clicking> on "Download Free" from the developer's site (Imho) the best source when downloading. www.lastpass.com which my household finds works quite well!:)

Upon reading you are a Comodo user, I went to the site Softpedia, among the rare safe & reputable resources for information & software downloads I'd learned of from MT.;) Here's the article on Comodo you might enjoy reading. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/COMODO-Internet-Security.shtml

Lastly, also from the developers of Malwarebytes, there is a free Anti-Exploit protection available which you can read about here:

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would suggest adding some on demand scanners
Some type of back up solution
Another browser or 2 at least Chrome and or FireFox
CCleaner or Privazer

H

hjlbx

Run everything in the sandbox/virtual kiosk Fully Virtualized!

In other words don't use restrictions as it will convert the sandbox from a virtual one to a policies & permissions sandbox.

Believe me, you don't want that...it may fail to protect the system. The policies & permissions sandbox has failed in the past.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.