alaa config

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Optional suggestion: You may add a a backup browser if you wanted so ;) (Opera or Chrome or other variants)

Anyway in cleaning and optimization category; better leave with two programs since its effectiveness to improve of performance is very slight on difference.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I second @frogboy, his first (2) tips are among our core add-ons,;) the 3rd I should follow myself!:rolleyes: As @jamescv7 mentioned, an alternate browser is a good option.

@Klipsh's advice to secure your system with UAC is solid, although for added protection you might consider using the free sandboxing program, Sandboxie http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie
Like yourself, we have an XP SP3 system that's still running. As @exterminator20 advised, a less vulnerable OS is worth considering. If cost for another Windows OS is an obstacle, linux is a viable (cost free) choice.:):)
I am typing using the same hardware, but from a more secure linux distro (operating system) called lubuntu. Here is an article all about the free system you can add alongside your current OS.
I like it!:D

For greater privacy in Firefox, <click> on menu (3 horizontal lines)
  1. Open preferences
  2. Go to Privacy
  3. Under History, select Firefox will: "Never remember history" & while there, you can clear all current history.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.