Alexstrasza's Configuration

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Nice config but may i suggest a HDD backup solution like Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both of which have a free version instead of just the cloud. :) Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Sr. Normal and scot

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not bad to place on demand scanners to a USB (Portable) and use them in case of any unusual cases happen to your system. No question from your realtime protection because its already solid and aware already to your setup. ;)

Reactions: Sr. Normal and scot

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Not bad to place on demand scanners to a USB (Portable) and use them in case of any unusual cases happen to your system. No question from your realtime protection because its already solid and aware already to your setup. ;)
I don't really have any other on-demand scanners that I consider *good* - Emsisoft Emergency Kit won't find anything that EIS missed, HitmanPro is already incorporated via HMP.A, and SUPERAntiSpyware's days have long passed.

That said, I have other ways to deal with malware :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yigido and jamescv7

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Hello Alexstraza,

I know your config. It looks familiar. :D
Call me Alex, please - you are not the first person to misspell my name. :D

That said, the backbone of my config is up there in the other forum for the world to see. So I am not surprised that you already know part of it :p

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
Nice config mate...

In regards to the Flash stuff (don't worry, not telling you to remove it... I was addicted to a FB game for over 3 years), see if you can get this working without affecting your saved game info... might be just the trick to still use Flash but keep its nasty crap from sticking to your system whilst enjoying a flash-enabled form of entertainment...
  • Go here - C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Adobe (sometimes it is Macromedia)
  • You should see a folder called "Flash Player"
  • Delete the folder
  • Right click - new text file
  • Type in "Flash Player" and remove the .txt so the file is just called Flash Player
The above could break functionality by preventing saving of gameplay. Just thought I'd put it out there, up to you to try.
It's pretty awesome, go nuts on Youtube without anything stored on PC...

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
Updated: Removed HMP.A and added HTTPS Everywhere.

Marin, I appreciate your trick. However I play the game only on Firefox - everything else is done on Chrome (with Flash off). So unless the devs decided to infect me by implanting malware into their game (which I don't see any time soon) chances are pretty unlikely that I'll get infected that way.

Alex, I assume you take privacy seriously so you could consider strengthen the cloud backup if you take part in this http://malwaretips.com/threads/boxcryptor-unlimited-business-giveaway.42777/ giveaway unless you use Spideroak as your main cloud backup. Just my opinion :)
There isn't much things to see in my cloud - if you are interested in physiotherapy, maybe. But then you can just enroll in the school and get the material yourself :p

But thanks for the suggestion :)

Reactions: frogboy and artoor
S

Sr. Normal

Let me recommend PriVazer, works fine with Ccleaner and keep your HD completely clean of junk files

Reactions: frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.