Guide | How To An EASY / Proper way to try out multiple Internet Security Software.

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
DO THIS:

I built my current system. I use it for video work and gaming. My system is pretty nice.

BUT I have found that what makes some people scream about XY or Z IS suite slowing down there system, doesn't affect my computer, and others who claim XY, and Z is so fast, make my PC crawl.

So it is really true you have to try them out on your system.

Here is how I do it. Install Win 7, install all the software you need, or want. Install your games. Tweak the settings the way you like, but DO NOT install any security suites.

Now don't install acronis, I put the acronis boot iso onto a bootable USB with Flashboot. Now boot up with the USB (3.0 is best).

Now make an image of your C: (mine is 34 gigs) save it to another drive (like D:)...

NOW choose any IS suite or antivirus / firewall combination you desire install it and try it out.

When you want to try another software package restore your image from D: to C: (I restore and it takes about 3 minutes).

Now try another IS suite of your choice...

Reactions: tallorder
R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
Shame I'm gonna have to do this all over when Win 10 comes out, it takes about 12 hours to install everything with updates and tweaks.

R

Rod McCarthy

Thread author
This is a good habit to make for yourself, oh and make sure you make 2 boot USB's for acronis in case one fails...Flashboot is best tool for this.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.