Any Firewall like Sygate personal Forewall for Win7 or 8

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,

I always miss the simplest firewall "Sygate Personal Firewall". It was so easy to monitor all the program and services those tries to connect to internet.

Can you guys suggest any such firewall which can be used in Win7 or Win8?
I don't need complex and heavy weight HIPS firewall. Only Incoming/Outgoing traffic firewall like sygate will be great.

kmr1684

Level 3
Verified
Jun 23, 2014
fortknox personal firewall and jetico firewall, but both are paid. especially jetico very costlier one, best of lock.

soinvisage

Level 9
Verified
May 3, 2014
Hi,

I always miss the simplest firewall "Sygate Personal Firewall". It was so easy to monitor all the program and services those tries to connect to internet.

Can you guys suggest any such firewall which can be used in Win7 or Win8?
I don't need complex and heavy weight HIPS firewall. Only Incoming/Outgoing traffic firewall like sygate will be great.
you have OnlineArmor , its good

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Sygate Personal Firewal was one of a kind nothing else compares, the closest is ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, followed by Privatefirewall if you like how the settings were setup on Sygate. All other firewalls are setup completely different.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Anupam and XhenEd

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
What a gem Sygate was great outbound control with a straight forward layout and packed with features and free.....ah they were the days.

As Littlebits says nothing compares so I`d stick with Windows own firewall.

Regards Eck.:)

Reactions: Anupam and XhenEd

Anupam

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Sygate Personal Firewal was one of a kind nothing else compares, the closest is ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, followed by Privatefirewall if you like how the settings were setup on Sygate. All other firewalls are setup completely different.

Enjoy!! :D
Indeed It was a gem. I still use it in one of my very old laptop along with WinXp.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.