Troubleshoot Auto-play icon error

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
Hey Guys, i am kinda new but gr8 community :D so i hope you enjoyed your day and let's get into it.
i was a pirated software lover guy (sorry for that Devs) but i have changed :) (lucky me)....that's a lot of introduction (sorry for that too -_-), anyways, Winzip 19 pro (hacked) was installed, as i said, i have changed, so uninstalled, now in auto-play, Winzip icon is still there, i have installed ultimate zip instead but no affect....so how to fix? ;)
p.s ask any screenshots, logs or anything....idk, i am a regular guy with basics.o_O
.......stay coOoOol.....:eek:

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
  • Open Registry Editor, by typing regedit.exe in your "Run" box in Start Menu, and hit Enter
Navigate to > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\
Find WinZip and delete it's value from registry

Restart Windows
Configure your AutoPlay options in Control Panel
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay

Upvote 0

Elias Amr

Thread author
Verified
Mar 31, 2015
  • Open Registry Editor, by typing regedit.exe in your "Run" box in Start Menu, and hit Enter
Navigate to > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\Handlers\
Find WinZip and delete it's value from registry

Restart Windows
Configure your AutoPlay options in Control Panel
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\AutoPlay
i did that and auto-play didn't start until i re installed winzip

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.