AV-Comparatives AV-Comparatives Malware Protection Test: SEP 2023

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
It's nice to see AV-Comparatives uses truly "advanced" and "new" malware samples to test AVs, as none of them are able to block all of the samples!

Also pleased with K's, ESET's and Avira's performance.

It's a pity that F-Secure is unable to obtain certification due to too many FPs. I feel most FPs are produced by DeepGuard because it tends to block rare and new files.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Panda protection rate 94,4% & kaspersky 99,97% wow theyre almost identical where it comes into protection! Kaspersky even has more false positives!

Wow im impressed ! im going to install panda right now!

It's not almost identical in terms of protection...

In fact, Panda's 99.41% is the third worst result in this test. As a result, Panda only received one star overall, whereas Kaspersky is a three-star product.

F

ForgottenSeer 93475

This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
sorry, but I will continue to use the security product I am using now, the only case that makes me replace it with another security product is failure in my own environment and not test environments that differ from one person to another :)

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
It's a pity that F-Secure is unable to obtain certification due to too many FPs. I feel most FPs are produced by DeepGuard because it tends to block rare and new files.
... but my real-life experience running FS with DeepGuard, I had very few false+ (perhaps it depends where you're surfing and downloading)... fwiw

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
... but my real-life experience running FS with DeepGuard, I had very few false+ (perhaps it depends where you're surfing and downloading)... fwiw
Yeah, in my testing, besides APC and other cloud-based detection (DeepGuard has been nicely integrated with APC and F-S’s own cloud) and behavioral detection, a majority of the DeepGuard detections is just because the application is rare. I’m sure there is an algorithm and whitelisting system in place to reduce FPs, because not all rare applications are blocked by DeepGuard. However due to geographical footprint, in some regions, DeepGuard produced a lot of FPs.

I am happy to see AV-C uses a variety of clean samples to test AVs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.