App Review Avast 7 free vs AVG 2012 free

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Avast 7 Free or AVG 2012 Free ?

• Avast 7 Antivirus Free

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • AVG Antivirus 2012 Free

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
blackhole said:
I am an offficial avg vip over at the community and I can teel you for shure , that AVG is getting better with every release , it beats avast by miles! Avast is good for blocking malware , but lacks in the removal of threats , it leaves remmenants behind!!! while AVG is excellent at both blocking and removing!!! when you look at the removal video of matt rizos , trying to install avast is on a infected machine , it dident let it install , let alone let the program run!!!! and asking money for a bootable cd??? come on , that is really crappy bussiness!!! don't get me wrong , I do not hate avast , but I do not like their way , of running their stuff.....

Seriously! I gues even your loved AVG will fail in cleaning that fakeAV as IT WILL BE BLOCKED BY FAKEAV....and it will also fail....AVG 2012 has bad reviews all over youtube....

also AVAST BLOWS AVG AWAY AWAY AWAY HERE:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart3.php

and here also:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php

blackhole

Mar 25, 2012
malwarekiller , why do you keep dissing AVG? Is av-asst paying you to do this?? and I will NEVER repeat NEVER use avast , because it sucks big time , I do not put to much faith in those tests....avg is still my number one , and its way superior over avast , not only in blocking , but also removal of threats!!! case closed!!! :D

MDRockstar

Thread author
Dec 14, 2011
Ok avast did better on AV-comparatives but by only 1%. Avast didn't blow away Avg.
I can show you a lot of fail by avast 7 too in youtube.
There are two things that need to be fix in AVG : update virus database to the free version more than one time a day and remove ads in the user interface.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I am for avast all the way, sandbox and BB technology should be in all av's IMO

OFF TOPIC:
I agree with bbbbweb completely as far as COMODO...As a matter of fact I've been testing the malware links from this site all afternoon and so far comodo has conquered ALL!

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
blackhole said:
malwarekiller , why do you keep dissing AVG? Is av-asst paying you to do this?? and I will NEVER repeat NEVER use avast , because it sucks big time , I do not put to much faith in those tests....avg is still my number one , and its way superior over avast , not only in blocking , but also removal of threats!!! case closed!!! :D

Where does AVG remove threats??? Even the FakeAV will block AVG in matt's review...u will see that when the fakeAV will block avg also....And AVG removal takes a long time...its also a system hogger...I see u are a fanboy AVG....

As far as comodo goes,Its a totally different aspect...more over D+,CIMA and all that....so no comparison of COMODO with other AV's as comodo stands out of the competition

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
blackhole said:

U are talking too way much dude! u have no idea of real time results...Just by looking at a review u cant judge anything....

I think u made this review..right?? i order to put down avast! i see u jealous of avast! 7 :dodgy:

I try to make u understand but dont seem to listen:
Maybe u should take a long walk of a short park....cozz no AV cant bypass the FakeAV like win personal detective blocking it...cant be unblocked unless the AV has something like MBAM chamaleon....so dont jump to much dude!! I can show u AV-comp and many reportes where avast is way far better than AVG man!...your AVG is nothing but a ransomware lover :mad:

According here:
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart2.php

avast is on 5th whereas avg is on 7th or 8th....so now go and get a life! :at:

Tell me if u want more proof of badly sucked AVG

This is what matt said at the end of his prevention review of AVG 2012 :
AVG,AVG...TOTAL FAILURE!!!!

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
MDRockstar said:
There are two things that need to be fix in AVG : update virus database to the free version more than one time a day and remove ads in the user interface.

And also to improve ransomware detection rates :D

malwarekiller

Mar 30, 2012
A few glitches with this video:

U should have done a custom scan via the UI with High settings and with all packers and PUp turned On....

And 1 thing i noticed...Those 61 items in MBAM result for Avast! is nothing but the same damnit adware kraddare....its the same piece of adware same name...so its to be counted as 1+ 3 PUP's left behind= 4 misses for avast

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
current voting result : Avast :41 Avg:13
Aha! there is 1 person out of 4 who thinks avg is better than avast.
Still don't know how avg topped chart in download list at Cnet for more than 5-7 years

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
malwarekiller said:
I see u are a fanboy AVG....

I would beg to differ, your posts seem to show you are an Avast user, as well as (if I may say) a fanboy.

malwarekiller said:
U are talking too way much dude! u have no idea of real time results...Just by looking at a review u cant judge anything....

You're judging Avast as top dog from one AV-Comparatives reviews and one of Matt's review? That's 2 sources, and you came to conclusion Avast is better than AVG.

malwarekiller said:
I try to make u understand but dont seem to listen:

*you, no will listen if you're forcing your views and bashing everyone else's.

malwarekiller said:
Maybe u should take a long walk of a short park....

I found a glitch in the comment, but we will not tolerate this behaviour.

malwarekiller said:
cozz no AV cant bypass the FakeAV like win personal detective blocking it...cant be unblocked unless the AV has something like MBAM chamaleon....so dont jump to much dude!! I can show u AV-comp and many reportes where avast is way far better than AVG man!...your AVG is nothing but a ransomware lover :mad:

How can you claim Avast is better than AVG, when Malwarebytes is needed to remove a FakeAV.

malwarekiller said:
so now go and get a life! :at:

Researching into Avast vs AVG must be time consuming, I would have thought.

malwarekiller said:
Tell me if u want more proof of badly sucked AVG

This is what matt said at the end of his prevention review of AVG 2012 :
AVG,AVG...TOTAL FAILURE!!!!

So I see, once again, from 1 review you came to this conclusion.

malwarekiller said:
A few glitches with this video:

U should have done a custom scan via the UI with High settings and with all packers and PUp turned On....

Default settings are best for these videos, as most wouldn't tweak the settings, if it was installed by the user themselves.

As well as, that's why you see more tests performed on Windows XP that Windows Vista/7.

For the most ideal worst case scenario, am I right?

malwarekiller said:
And 1 thing i noticed...Those 61 items in MBAM result for Avast! is nothing but the same damnit adware kraddare....its the same piece of adware same name...so its to be counted as 1+ 3 PUP's left behind= 4 misses for avast

No need to explain, when Malwarebytes detected 61 items.

blackhole

Mar 25, 2012
This malwarekiller is forcing his vision down my throat , calling me a fanboy? Damn how can person be so hypocrit? You are so eager to defend your precious , little avast! It becomes quite obvious to me that you are working for avast! There is one thing you must have to learn : each and every one of us has his or her favorite , so repect everyone's opinion! Secondly you are stepping way out of line with your harsh remarks! Your to desperate to prove your point! So its only fair in the end , that one of the admins give you a warning for misbehaving!

D

Deleted member 178

Lol Earth :D

As i always said comparing the efficiency of products based only on results given by testing organizations is pointless, especially when no one knows what really happen behind their curtains...

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
malwarekiller said:
LOOOL!! guys! i am just studying in college how can i work for avast then?? :D

It doesn't matter. I would strongly suggest you take Earth's words to heart. We don't tolerate the sort of behavior you have been exhibiting around here lately...

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Lol Earth :D

As i always said comparing the efficiency of products based only on results given by testing organizations is pointless, especially when no one knows what really happen behind their curtains...

I couldn't agree more, the days of independent testing organizations and honest review sites are over.
All are influenced by money, ad-partners, vendor supporters, etc.
They are NOT independent just like many of the reviews on other sites like PCMag, Cnet, etc. Money talks and an excellent review will be posted even if the product is crap.

The only way to know for sure how and product will function is to try it for yourself. Every user will have a different experience with a product. One man's junk can be another man's treasure.

Thanks.:D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:
The only way to know for sure how and product will function is to try it for yourself. Every user will have a different experience with a product. One man's junk can be another man's treasure.

Quoted for truth. :)

This is exactly why I try hard to never dissuade anyone from any given product. My opinions/experiences really have no bearing on another users opinions/experiences. Any problems I have with the software may not occur for someone else.

It reminds me of the Windows ME days. Everybody and their dog seemed to be bagging on the OS. (Even Bill Gates wasn't a fan) I merely shrugged my shoulders because I never experienced any of the issues people were complaining about. It definitely wasn't my favorite OS, but perfectly usable as far as I was concerned. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its hard to believe but the crucial to take down the comparison from its testing were by ours. Thus we've down our conclusion for the product.

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:

Exactly, the day when i will trust any testing labs, will be the day when a testing methodology will be accepted by all vendors and standardized between testing labs, but it will never happens because business is business, the vendors who will arrive first at this test will win most of the market share and of course the other vendors will always tried to find a lab that give better results to their product.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I dont want to say this but I am forced to acknowledge malwarekiller is behaving like a big fanboy. IT does not matter that AVG wins or Avast, what matters is what you like and what you are comfortable in using. I have seen malwarekiller repeatedly posting Avast beats avs handsdown etc etc threads and posts. We all love some AV but have no right to force our choice you can just recommend it. Malwarekiller before you say anything to anyone I would love to remind you you are no expert. You pls learn malware removal and OT scripts before giving it it to anyone. Sorry guys I had to post this. Mods why dont you lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.