Battle Avast IS vs Comodo IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
Biozfear said:
Bottom line: fair comparison between Comodo and avast! can be made as they both have IS components.

And honestly, the price doesn't matter but the program features.

Nothing else to add since that is true. Both solutions have different approaches when it comes to protection but that is where the comparison should start, not on price.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
RE: Avast IS OR Comodo IS

I have looked at Avast through reviews and it doesn't look bad at all. CIS is what I personally use and for being free, excellent forum-support, light on system, Virtual Kiosk, as well as very configurable IS is the reason why I choose CIS as my security application.

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Mine goes to CIS
Almost same features as Avast but with better firewall,hips,full virtualization and most important lighter.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

CIS would be my choice, it's free has alot of options to make it more secure... DID i MENTION IT WAS FREE?

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011

Comodo internet security suite 6 for me :D was an avast user before then i switched to comodo i did try avast 6 and 7 at some point but always returned to comodo its has a strong hips and behavior blocker and i find it better but still avast made improvements its a decent security suite :)

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012

i love to use Avast Free+ Comodo Firewall setup....
but if only AIS or CIS option is available, then i like to go with CIS + K9 + WOT [\b], and its free of course, i dont like to pay for an antivirus suite, when i can get same [maybe better] quality security for FREE...

I

illumination

Of the two, CIS for sure. The combination of the HIPS and BB, with the strong firewall, Kiosk &
sandboxed browser "s" , its lightness on the system, and as stated, all this is "free". If you tweak CIS, enable full virtualization with the BB "automatic sandbox", you will be pretty well set.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

well i got avast AV 8.0 + Mamutu BB + Online Armor very quick boot up no slowiness of system im happy with my set up but when avast puts outpost FW in its internet security watch out world and im a little worried about hackers now working on sandbox software to hack it

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

I have to agree that CIS is superior, but Avast is perfect for grandma or a small child that cannot handle any cyber decision making or excessive interactions.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

lmao@gnosis dude you make me laugh sometimes and yes CIS is superior to others but i had alot of problems with CIS some people's computers cant handle CIS so we go with the second best combo out there the problem i had was that comodo firewall uninstalled malwarebytes on me

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Voted: Avast

Although I may not be fond of their other features, all I want is an Antivirus and avast is the one I feel most comfortable with.

spywar

Level 11
Oct 26, 2012

Gnosis said:
I have to agree that CIS is superior, but Avast is perfect for grandma or a small child that cannot handle any cyber decision making or excessive interactions.
What do you mean by "superior" ?
Do you test them ?
I have many samples that bypass CIS ... and detected by avast without av signs ... They are both very well and don't forget that avast is going to improve even more with new stuffs coming ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.