Best Security Configuration

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
I see very configuration, all configuration with different software but i wat to know the best and what the software do. Example:
avast - antivirus/real time proctetion
malwarebytes anti malware - on-demand

Thanks!

Reactions: Dani Santos

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
360 is- antivirus
Xvirus - antimalware
malwarebytes anti malware and hitman pro - on-demand

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
360 is- antivirus
Xvirus - antimalware
malwarebytes anti malware and hitman pro - on-demand
with this im not 100% safe. but is i install this:
Antivirus:
360 TS

On-demand Scanners:
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Hitman Pro
herdProtect
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
adwcleaner
unchecky
super anti spyware

Web Plugins:
Wot
adblock plus
do not track me

Web flter:
K9 web protection

This nice! :D

I

illumination

There is no best configuration, it needs to be based off your system, its resources, and your uses of your system. Common sense being your most valuable asset included in your configuration.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Antivirus
  • 360 Total Security

On-Demand
  • Malwarebytes

Browser Addons
  • uBlock
  • WOT
  • LastPass
  • DoNotTrackMe

Other
  • Unchecky

This is everything people should need.

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
There is no best configuration, it needs to be based off your system, its resources, and your uses of your system. Common sense being your most valuable asset included in your configuration.
Yes, i use my common sense thats why i only find 1 or 2 virus in 3 at 3 months

Antivirus
  • 360 Total Security

On-Demand
  • Malwarebytes

Browser Addons
  • uBlock
  • WOT
  • LastPass
  • DoNotTrackMe

Other
  • Unchecky

This would be everything anyone would need and I'm 100% any system could run this. (only windows)
Thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
with this im not 100% safe. but is i install this:
Antivirus:
360 TS

On-demand Scanners:
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
Hitman Pro
herdProtect
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
adwcleaner
unchecky
super anti spyware

Web Plugins:
Wot
adblock plus
do not track me

Web flter:
K9 web protection

This nice! :D
Add adguard to web plugins instead of adblock plus . It protects better vs malicious websites and blocks ads too. and you can have 2 real time protection only in products like xvirus(free) and malware bytes(paid)

MalwareFire

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2014
Add adguard to web plugins instead of adblock plus . It protects better vs malicious websites and blocks ads too. and you can have 2 real time protection only in products like xvirus(free) and malware bytes(paid)
Malwarebytes is free. And i don´t see very things on Xvirus start up optimizer. he dont procted of virus

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
uBlock is lighter than all adblockers.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Malwarebytes is free. And i don´t see very things on Xvirus start up optimizer. he dont procted of virus
Xvirus personal guard protects and malware bytes real time protection is paid

uBlock is lighter than all adblockers.
But adguard protects more againt malicious websites

Last edited by a moderator:

Holysmoke

Level 2
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Ad block edge with Ultimate Fanboy list and malware domain list, how does this compare to adguard?

I have followed this stanford university study to gauge which performs best, but adguard is not included.

http://www.areweprivateyet.com/

Stanford University study shows Ad block edge is a beast, and my main concern is not ads, its trackers

I bet adguard will sell our personal info and surf history eventually when the price is high enough.

Ghostery does already

Last edited:

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
The best protection setup doesn't exist. In a perfect world, the "best" setup would protect you against anything, it would be perfect. But perfection doesn't exist in this world, and even the human isn't perfect, so how do you want him to create something like that ? It won't happen. Plus, you could have the best protection setup in the world, there will always be one flaw coming from the user that will make the whole setup useless, break it. Why do you think hackers are always one step ahead of the security researchers ? Because they are better. Because they learn how to think outside the box and use that creativity to create new exploits, malwares, etc. that bypass the actual "best protection setup" we currently have. If the hackers weren't better than the security researchers, there would be no domain such as the IT Security and we would all be stuck on the same level, and this for years. Yet, there's new technologies invented everyday to increase our security in the Computing world and the day after, it has already been bypassed by a hacker. So if you think that you can find the perfect security setup, you're asking the wrong question and you'll get wrong answers along with it.

The "best security setup" is what works for you and is realistically viable and efficient. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
The best protection is common sense,knowing what you are downloading,installing and where you are going online.As far as software the best protection is what works best for you on your machine.

Also, product keys for Common Sense 2k14 (or edition of the year) are free to everyone if you have the knowledge.

Reactions: Oxygen
I

illumination

I should probably re-word my original post to reflect better what i was trying to say. There is no Pre-made best configuration. A user needs to try applications to see how they fit their uses and needs as well as system resources. Asking which is best here, will land you several opinions based from other users experience on their machines and their needs and these will not reflect your needs.

Things to take into count, that were not posted in the original post, is what operating system are you using, what are your uses of the computer "like: light surfing, email checking" or extensive graphic design, editing programs ect. " What are your resources, dual core at such and such GHZ and how much Ram.. All these factors will come into play finding you a security set up that will work "best" for you.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Only as good as the end user, there simply is no single best configuration.

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.