Mini Spy

Latest Threads

Big problem NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!' started by AntivirusGeek, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

HI EVERYONE I APPLIED A TWEAK THAT PUTS AN ICON BY THE NAME "SWITCH BETWEEN WINDOWS" IN MY COMPUTER.
    I AM NOT ABLE TO DELETE IT AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT
    BELOW IS AN IMAGE::::::::

Attached Files:

2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Hello,
    When you applied this tweak did you have to install something to get it there?

3. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

i installed tweaking.com tweak program but when i went under that particular tweak it does not have a disable function...all it has is enable

please help

4. McLovin

You could try uninstalling the Tweak.com program and see if that helps.

5. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

that did not work

6. McLovin

Another options is that you could try using Revo Uninstaller as to see if that will help.
    Would you be able to provide a link on where you got this certain type of Tweak from?

7. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

here's the link
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Tweaking-com-Advanced-System-Tweaker.shtml
    and the tweak is under :
    windows 7 only
    context "something"
    window swither

8. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Have you tried to perform a System Restore to an earlier date?

9. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

yep but did not work

10. McLovin

Before you did this did you do a registry backup?

11. malbky

malbky Regular Member

Okay AntiVirus geek check out this guide. http://www.how-to-uninstall-program.com/uninstaller/uninstall-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-removal-Tweaking-com-Windows-Repair-1-6-0-windows-uninstaller.html In one par they have given how to remove it via ADD/Remove programs and also registry keys needed to be deleted. Do not download the uninstallers or any software mentioned there. Instead use REvo uninstaller. Use CC Cleaner to competely clean registry and the temporary files.

12. McLovin

That is what I have said in my other post. If he uses that it would be better then using the Windows Add/Remove.

13. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

First of all uninstallers, registry cleaners and system cleaners will not remove applied tweaks, they will have to be removed by scripts or registry editing.

Uninstalling Tweaking.com - Advanced System Tweaker will not remove the applied tweaks.

First try Tweaking.com Online Help- http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_advanced_system_tweaker_online_help.html

If you can't find the solution then try posting a topic in the support forums- http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/board,2.0.html

Also try to download and install the most current version from the developer site, since many download sites don't have the most current version with bug fixes.

I do not see any tweaks for "SWITCH BETWEEN WINDOWS" IN MY COMPUTER on the program. Could you provide a screenshot to show this tweak?

Also Advanced System Tweaker has Backup and Restore registry which can undo any of the tweaks which is recommended to Backup Registry each time you use the program. Registry backups are located by default- "C:\Reg_Backup".

Good Luck.:D

14. jamescv7

jamescv7 Well-Known Member

Did you try their Simple System Tweaker ? Since it will show the safe tweaks there.

Also I assume its called "Launch Windows Desktop on a Separate Process".

15. AntivirusGeek

AntivirusGeek New Member

thanks everyone for your help unfoortunately nothing worked so i did over my system and its fine

16. Huracan

Huracan Administrator MalwareTips Staff

It's unfortunate that you were unable to fix the problem and resorted to a fresh Windows installation.

I was looking at Tweaking.com AST 1.0.6, and it allows you to make a Registry Backup before using their program. Since most "tweaks" can be applied through using the Registry.

[​IMG]

As a fail safe, you could have restored the registry to see if it reversed the changes.