App Review Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Should I cut boring parts out of the video?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Active Threat Control was On & was turned ON throughout the video except for the Detection Test - it needs to be switched off for me to change the samples to .exe - otherwise Bitdefender will start deleting all of the samples without the right click scan.[/QUOTE]

Not for me it didn't , just turned realtime off and left AVC on and it didn't interfere when I renamed them all

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Is Active threat control off by default ? it was not ON so i think that would have been a better detection ?!

By defauit it is on, he turn off temporary to avoid any clash detection while renaming the files.

-----------

Anyway a good review there, although I don't like BD's autopilot to turn on by default since the user is not aware for any notifications.

No need to cut the boring parts since it's important that the whole process is shown.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Nicer work than last time, keep it up! :) looking forward to newer threads ;)
Thank you very much! I hope that the new threads/videos continue to be as impressive ;)

Very nice work! Keep it up, and listen to our guys here. Suscribing to your channel!

I voted NO on the poll as the "boring parts" are part of the video but I do agree with @SHvFl that you could speed some things up.
Constructive criticism is a good thing and it seems with this video you have put some of that to good use :)
Firstly, thanks for voting on the poll & watching the video ;) Next thing, I will try to speed up boring parts of the video to help shorten the videos as much as possible. Hopefully I will continue to receive feedback & helpful comments to improve the content!

I think he has a Lovely voice!
Damn...This was unexpected ;) Thanks!

Thanks for the video, nice job !

:D
Is it "true love I see in your eyes" ?
No problem, thanks for watching :) I really need to stop using smiley faces now...

Active Threat Control was On & was turned ON throughout the video except for the Detection Test - it needs to be switched off for me to change the samples to .exe - otherwise Bitdefender will start deleting all of the samples without the right click scan.

Not for me it didn't , just turned realtime off and left AVC on and it didn't interfere when I renamed them all[/QUOTE]
*This was as a precaution just in case it started deleting all of the samples - trust me with other AVs this is a common mistake that I've done before.

By defauit it is on, he turn off temporary to avoid any clash detection while renaming the files.

-----------

Anyway a good review there, although I don't like BD's autopilot to turn on by default since the user is not aware for any notifications.

No need to cut the boring parts since it's important that the whole process is shown.
Thanks for backing up my explanation :D Also thanks for watching & I agree with you that it's strange how autopilot almost hides the notifications. I have also decided not to cut out the boring parts but to speed them up - shortens the video still.

Thank you . Good review . But Bitdefender is not my first choice .
Thanks for watching! Bitdefender isn't my first choice either, it's gotta be Kaspersky or Emsisoft for me... I am using Kaspersky IS 2017 at the moment.

W

Wave

Thread author
Just have a quick tip for you: never give away your e-mail unless you know the person or trust the service. Unless it's a disposable one... How do you know you aren't very vulnerable to social engineering? An attacker can e-mail you and alter the email header to appear as a trusted sender (e.g. someone you may already know), you will probably fall for it and then click a malicious link from within the email.

Everyone is vulnerable to social engineering, some more difficult than others. Employees in businesses can be tricked into resetting accounts if you are the confident speaker and know some background info to get their trust on the phone or email (for example).

Just don't risk it, it's not worth it.

M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Thanks for all the awesome support :) Next video should be this Wednesday...

Also I only showed that email because it's listed on my channel (I think - I will check) as my business email. I only view that email address within the VM as well so even if it is dangerous then I should be safe, but yeah I don't normally give out my email.

W

Wave

Thread author
I only view that email address within the VM as well so even if it is dangerous then I should be safe, but yeah I don't normally give out my email.
Data theft can still occur in the VM so if you accidentally had the VM compromised without being aware then the attacker can spread malware via your e-mail or even read your e-mails, etc. But don't worry I understand what you mean.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Thanks DardiM for bumping this. The video is very well made. After reading all the posts, while I agree with some of the criticisms saying there can be improvement, I think you have a good baseline structurally for comprehensive reviews. I can tell this must be much more complicated to put together than it seems, since so much knowledge of the software is required to create a competent review. You achieved that, so congrats and really good work.

BTW, if you are thinking of condensing time-wise, after watching, I would say this would be difficult to do and cover the software. If you do find some ways to trim some time, maybe you could do a special test of ransomeware at the end of each review and still finish inside 20 minutes, etc. Also, I agree with previous mentions of Process Explorer. Would be helpful to see the Virus Total numbers in PE maybe at the end of each testing session.

One last comment. The statistics overlays I found extremely helpful. This leaves me curious to see how all the softwares compare when tested with your same formula. Awesome, and thanks for helping me think some things through and passing on some great knowledge about BD. Five :):):):):)ies is my rating overall.

Reactions: Der.Reisende
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Seems pretty good :p
Because it is :D

That awkward moment when love is shifting through the air! LOL :p
lol :)

For the youngest that maybe didn't know this song :
@DardiM said : Is it "true love I see in your eyes" ?
=> It was some words from : Is It Love.
Is It Love Lyrics - Jon & Vangelis
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmYWhjGDZM4
Yeah I've heard it ;) Thanks for the refresh though I haven't listened to it in ages.

Thanks DardiM for bumping this. The video is very well made. After reading all the posts, while I agree with some of the criticisms saying there can be improvement, I think you have a good baseline structurally for comprehensive reviews. I can tell this must be much more complicated to put together than it seems, since so much knowledge of the software is required to create a competent review. You achieved that, so congrats and really good work.

BTW, if you are thinking of condensing time-wise, after watching, I would say this would be difficult to do and cover the software. If you do find some ways to trim some time, maybe you could do a special test of ransomeware at the end of each review and still finish inside 20 minutes, etc. Also, I agree with previous mentions of Process Explorer. Would be helpful to see the Virus Total numbers in PE maybe at the end of each testing session.

One last comment. The statistics overlays I found extremely helpful. This leaves me curious to see how all the softwares compare when tested with your same formula. Awesome, and thanks for helping me think some things through and passing on some great knowledge about BD. Five :):):):):)ies is my rating overall.

Thanks! If you are interested in later videos please check out my channel: Malware Blocker

I have a few more videos since this one & upload twice a week :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.