App Review BitDefender vs Kaspersky vs Norton Detection test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidov

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 9, 2012
Nice video on their own key BitDefender Total Security and avast is what you recommend Thanks.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Nice video on their own key BitDefender Total Security and avast is what you recommend Thanks.

BitDefender Total Security and avast is what you recommend?

You asking which one.. or?

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I want to use BD again,but last time for me was a nightmare!
It was bogging the system, and some other bugs!!
A shame because they have an excellent AV Engine!!

What are your impressions??:)

Reactions: Der.Reisende

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015

I did tried BitDefender Internet Security 2016 and I can confirmed that there's no bugs on my part. But the only issues is high RAM usage and slow scanner speed.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016

BitDefender Total security was very light on system when scanning, and when I did prevention test too. You should use it again

Hi friend if you can include ESET vs. KIS vs BitDefender would be grateful aver that detection is Eset, thank you.

sure. next time :)

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Nice video! Would have been nice to see if you had run the left over files to see if their BB would have caught it!

Reactions: tonibalas

Morvotron

Level 7
Verified
Mar 24, 2015
Every time i see this kind of videos i doubt and want to go back to BitDefender.. But every time i do my PC slows down radically.. But seeing that amount of missed samples from Kaspersky makes me wanna cry..

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Every time i see this kind of videos i doubt and want to go back to BitDefender.. But every time i do my PC slows down radically.. But seeing that amount of missed samples from Kaspersky makes me wanna cry..
I wouldn't sacrifice usability over detection,if it means slowing my system to a crawl!!;):)

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Bitdefender Total security ran very smooth and light on my machine. The problem I had with it was it wouldn't allow my Windows 10 to update.

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Bitdefender Total security ran very smooth and light on my machine. The problem I had with it was it wouldn't allow my Windows 10 to update.

you can ask about it to BitDefender support forum.. :)

Reactions: Venustus

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
kaspersky catches things when they execute, even if they are as yet undetected by ANY anti-virus company, and rolls back the damage.
Happened to me last night when I downloaded a fresh torrent. Although the installer file was deemed clean, Kaspersky killed and rolled back the process. Afterwards, MBAM found one low-risk registry entry that was left over after Kaspersky cleaned up the mess.

Reactions: harlan4096
L

LabZero

kaspersky catches things when they execute, even if they are as yet undetected by ANY anti-virus company, and rolls back the damage.
Happened to me last night when I downloaded a fresh torrent. Although the installer file was deemed clean, Kaspersky killed and rolled back the process. Afterwards, MBAM found one low-risk registry entry that was left over after Kaspersky cleaned up the mess.
Sometimes even legitimate applications downloaded from torrent sites are injected by malicious code, for this reason, it is always better to download them from the official site or well known files-containers.
Good catch Kaspersky!

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.